playMaker

Author Topic: Cinemachine Support [ECOSYSTEM] [MAY 2020]  (Read 24934 times)

Krillan87

• Beta Group
Re: Cinemachine Support [ECOSYSTEM] [DECEMBER 2018]
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 05:21:19 AM »
Hi,

yes, for sure, the api is not complete, and indeed, it's good that you raise your voice and make requests on what you would like to access.

basically, it's way too much to port everything from such a huge api in one go,  nor cost effective The cinemachine api is very complex ( it's an understatement, it's the same level of complexity as the playable api... just jaw dropping... it seems they did it on purpose to prevent average developers to understand it...),

So I ported what I think is the core and essential part, relying on :

- developers who can script to simply create more actions based on the existing ones
- non developers to make requests like you did.

I have few more todos ( understatement), so please bump me mid week ok? and I'll get it done.

Bye,

Jean

Hi! Just wanna check in on how the process on the porting are moving on? If I could request I would like some way of interacting with the properties that a marked on the picture above. Right now I need one separate CM camera just to change the "Screen Y" value with 2.0, which makes a lot of cameras in my scene hehe

/Christian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 09:58:22 AM »
Hi,

please bump me mid next week, right now, I have to publish and finish few more work before tackling this.

thanks for your patience! :)

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 05:21:31 AM »
Hi,

please bump me mid next week, right now, I have to publish and finish few more work before tackling this.

thanks for your patience! :)

Bye,

Jean

Bump! ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 03:54:58 AM »
Hi,

yeah.. sorry guys, I was out for all these weeks, but I am back now, but it means I have to do some catch up as well...

Please bump me again end of next week. thanks for your patience! :)

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 03:46:20 AM »
Hi,

yeah.. sorry guys, I was out for all these weeks, but I am back now, but it means I have to do some catch up as well...

Please bump me again end of next week. thanks for your patience! :)

Bye,

Jean

Bumpie bump  ;)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 03:14:09 AM »
Hi,

yes, I am on it!

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 04:50:35 AM »
Hi,

ok, done, it's on the ecosystem, you can now access the body framing transposer values to set and get them.

VirtualCameraGetFramingTransposerSettings
VirtualCameraSetFramingTransposerSettings

Let me know how it goes!

Bye,

Jean

Krillan87

• Beta Group
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 06:44:58 AM »
Hi,

ok, done, it's on the ecosystem, you can now access the body framing transposer values to set and get them.

VirtualCameraGetFramingTransposerSettings
VirtualCameraSetFramingTransposerSettings

Let me know how it goes!

Bye,

Jean

Amazing work! It works very well. I have one request, if it is not to hard to make. Right now when I change values in the framing transposer, the camera almost snaps to the new value. So if I change the Screen Y from 0.3 to 0.6 the change happens instant without a nice smooth transition like when I change the priority between cameras.

The info text on the every frame box says: "repeat every frame, useful for animations". If i tick the box it feels like it is more smooth but I would be nice to have the transition/change be more smoother.

Of course I can just use a float interpolate between the two values and then use that as a transition but I was wondering if it is possible to add this option straight in the action itself?

Edit:
Never mind, Jean. I just realize t hat the interpolate-action is very easy so you do not need to put in a lot of work for my lazy request. However, I guess that now when we have access to the transposer settings people will use this instead of swapping cameras back and forth so in the future the smooth-feature could be very useful.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:54:05 AM by Krillan87 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Cinemachine Support [ECOSYSTEM] [SEPTEMBER 2019]
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 06:57:07 AM »
Hi,

I'd rather not... that would be way too much duplication of code, because each property would need this treatment individually, it's best to animate the value yourself with the ease action really.

Sorry :)

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Cinemachine Support [ECOSYSTEM] [APRIL 2020]
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 03:32:01 AM »
Hi,

new update for cinemachine, with more controls over axis properties for the free look, you can now control recentering.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Cinemachine Support [ECOSYSTEM] [MAY 2020]
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 02:40:13 AM »
Hi,

New version on the Ecosystem, with updated PlayMaker Utils and new actions to get and set Virtual Camera Aim/POV axis settings.

Make sure you post requests on Cinemachine support, their api is very large and so it helps me if you tell me what you want to control from playmaker.

Bye,

Jean

CommanderPete

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 05:31:23 PM »
Hey.
I asked this question in the forum a while ago on a different thread. I am using Ecosystem 0.6.8 and can find most of the things I need. However, Cinemachine does not pop up when I search for it. I know it should, but it doesn't.
I am puzzled :D
Does anyone have or, hopefully, has had that problem, too?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 01:31:42 AM »
Hi,

what version of Unity are you using? I am aware of this, you are not the only one, but I can't repro currently, I am investigating.

Bye,

Jean

Hayato

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2020, 12:01:13 AM »
Hi Jean,

Could you add Value or InputAxisValue controls with FreeLookCameraSetXaxisSettings and FreeLookCameraSetYaxisSettings ?
It's useful  with some situation for example move camera angle depend on phone orientation.

Please take a look with it.
Thank you !

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2020, 01:41:45 AM »
Hi,

these are accessible already via Free Look Camera Set Yaxis Settings and Free Look Camera Set Xaxis Settings.

however, I think you need to set it up properly, that is you need to prevent the regular input to affect these values, so you need the CinemachineCoreGetInputTouchAxis component on the main camera to disable inputs.

Make sure you properly set up the freelook, else the x axis may be locked.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 02:34:35 AM by jeanfabre »