playMaker

Author Topic: Copy multiple variables  (Read 2742 times)

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Copy multiple variables
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »
Hi guys, i just noticed that i'm unable to copy multiple variables from one FSM to paste them to another. I can only copy then paste one by one. Not that i need it that much since now is the first time i even noticed it, but it seems to me that it is kind of counterintuitive or accidentally overlooked since you can copy multiple actions or states, but not variables.

Cheers.
Available for Playmaker work

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
Re: Copy multiple variables
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 04:14:23 PM »
Whoa, wait, it copies ALL local variables from a game object? I haven't tried in 2018.2 and PM 1.9.0, but copying all of them is not good.
Available for Playmaker work

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 03:11:57 AM »
Hi,

the workflow is to select the state you want to copy and playmaker will copy all variables used in that state by the actions in there. so it doesn't not copy all variables, only the one that are needed by the copied states.

Bye,

Jean

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 03:03:16 PM »
I can't check the latest version of PM right now so I'm asking this:
Is it possible to copy and paste variables from the Variables tab in the Editor window?
I can't multiselect vars, and there is no menu to show boxes to tick next to vars to select them either. There is no option to duplicate vars (they would automatically append a number to the var's name).
Is it possible in a state to copy a variable from there? There is a shortcut to edit a variable though. Is there a way to paste a variable's value and copy it in another same-type var's field?