playMaker

Author Topic: How to add an empty transition?  (Read 2780 times)

YYC

• Playmaker Newbie
How to add an empty transition?
« on: July 15, 2012, 11:36:46 PM »
This is a very basic function of Playmaker but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

When I "right-click" on a state, I am unable to simply select "Add Transition", instead I must navigate to another sub-menu and either select "finished" or choose from two other sub-menus (System events or Network events).

According to the Playmaker tutorial videos and the quick reading I've done on the documentation I should be able to "right-click" a state and simply select "Add Transition" and Playmaker should add an "empty" transition to my state.

Do I have something messed up in my preferences or does this feature no longer exist? (Using version 1.4.0)

PlatinumPlayer

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: How to add an empty transition?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »
Create a event, the event will then become a transition option. You can name the event anything you want as its simply a title represent the states bellow it.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to add an empty transition?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:12:07 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I think that feature has evolved and now you simply have to select an event for that transition you are adding. Because it doesn't really make sense to want to create an empty transition right? else could you explain the use case?

bye,

Jean