playMaker

Author Topic: New prefab system - Continuous error when I select the playmaker window  (Read 6318 times)

gumbomasta

• Playmaker Newbie
I'm running 2018.3.0b3
I can't open the Global Variable window or any of the other windows in PlayMaker, except the Playmaker Editor window.  And when that's open, I'm getting this error in the console:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource'.
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmPrefabs.DisconnectIfModifiedInstance (HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm fsm)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.CheckAllFsmPrefabInstances () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditorSettings.cs:81)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.FirstUpdate () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditorGUILayout.cs:533)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.Update () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditorGUILayout.cs:562)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.Update () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:276)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:342)
UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:336)
UnityEditor.HostView.SendUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:438)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:198)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:00:19 PM by gumbomasta »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Getting a continuous error when I select the playmaker window
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 02:40:06 AM »
Hi,

that's because you are trying to use the prefabs and PlayMaker right? Currently, in 2018.3, PlayMaker do not support the new prefab system, so you can't edit fsm, you can only edit the variables shown in inspectors.

Bye,

Jean

gumbomasta

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Getting a continuous error when I select the playmaker window
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 06:59:32 PM »
Yep - that's the issue.  Where would you say that functionality is on the roadmap for future PM versions, out of curiosity?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: New prefab system - Continuous error when I select the playmaker window
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 08:25:17 AM »
Hi.
It is probably top priority at the moment, but does need some big changes.
It would actually be a good idea to have a public roadmap.

gumbomasta

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 12:34:09 PM »
For the record, it doesn't make my playmaker FSMS unusable (everything still works during playmode), but editing functionality is partially broken or unreliable for reasons you are probably aware.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 03:23:51 AM »
Hi,

Currently, you can manually unpack the prefab, and repack by dragging dropping the instance back to it prefab asset.

As far as road map, I can't say, but we are looking for a solution.

Bye,

Jean

UpstreamAd

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 06:32:33 AM »
Hi there, I'm following up to see if there has been any progress on this. This is unfortunately preventing us from working with Playmaker (pressing the Action Browser button in the editor window doesn't seem to work).

Many thanks,

Ad.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 06:58:30 AM »
This should be fixed. Have you updated to PlayMaker 1.9.1p6?
Update PlayMaker in the Asset Store while running 2018.3 to get the correct version, then install from the Welcome Screen:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W11

UpstreamAd

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 09:33:18 AM »
Thanks so much for the reply. I *think* I am installing the latest version, but the welcome screen says this.
Even after multiple installs of 1.9.0.p6, the version window says 1.9.0 and I still get the same error:

ArgumentException: UnpackPrefabInstance must be called with a Prefab instance.
UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.UnpackPrefabInstance (UnityEngine.GameObject instanceRoot, PrefabUnpackMode unpackMode, InteractionMode action)

Is there a way that I can check my version? Perhaps the header of the window doesn't tell me what patch I have.

Thanks!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 09:56:25 AM »
You can check the version in Main Menu > PlayMaker > Help > About

UpstreamAd

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 05:32:54 AM »
<Hand slaps head>
Of course.

I tried it out on another computer (working from home) and it appeared that it worked fine on a fresh unity install (it was indeed p5 btw). Upgrading to the next version worked fine too (!). I'm now getting my head around the new prefab workflow.

Thanks very much!

Ad.

UpstreamAd

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 07:27:58 AM »
Ok, it's getting weird now.

The help version says 1.9.0.p6, BUT the issue is still happening. Also, when I open the window, the helpful prefab bit isn't there. I don't know if our version control is scuppering us, but it looks like there is something still wrong.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Ad.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 07:33:20 AM »
Are you able to share your project? If so, please PM me...

Tillmania

• Playmaker Newbie
Im currently having this issue with Unity 2019 .1 and the latest version of Playmaker. Please advise

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Can you share your project? If so, please PM a Download link and I'll take a look.
Also, can you post the full error?

And please confirm the full version info for Unity and PlayMaker from the About windows.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 02:27:16 PM by Alex Chouls »