playMaker

Author Topic: Is there any FSM repository supported by Playmaker??[SOLVED]  (Read 2130 times)

faezeh

• Playmaker Newbie
Is there any FSM repository supported by Playmaker??[SOLVED]
« on: November 13, 2018, 05:10:13 AM »
Hi,
I want to know is there any repository where I can find predefined FSMs for common functionalities? so I can reuse them not to define them again by myself.

I found that people share their custom actions in this forum so the others can reuse them but what about the entire FSMs for common functionalities?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:31:10 AM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Is there any FSM repository supported by Playmaker??
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:56:57 AM »
Hi.
Have a look @ the Ecosystem
There you can find a lot of custom actions made by users.

For entire FSMs (templates) it is not much shared yet.

I do believe that templates will have a overhaul and will be more useful,
so that might give the right push for people to share their templates :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Is there any FSM repository supported by Playmaker??[SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:32:03 AM »
Hi,

yes, the Ecosystem is already built to share templates, but indeed, it did not pickup.

by all means if you have suggestions for templates, please do.

Bye,

Jean

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 08:42:39 AM »
Hi.
@jean maybe if there is a different way to submit the templates, there would be more interest.

Like for example a drag and drop inside the Ecosystem and a submit button (maybe with author name and some description.

When the templates are updated, maybe i can have a look to the possibilities.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 12:43:25 AM »
Hi,

yes, you are right, the same goes with actions and packages too, but your authoring tool helps very much.

with 2019 lurking, and its new package manager, I think it's time for a new version of the ecosystem, which would indeed start to have proper login for users, so that we can let them upload and deal with content sharing themselves as well as few more nice features like favorites, rating, flagging, etc.

the big problem with template is that you need to make sure you add all the necessary custom actions if necessary, this means running some complex editor scripts to gather information, else most templates will be corrupted and ot working which is why currently, I don't intend to lower the barrier of learning how to properly use github to deal with content as it takes responsability, I would not want complains about bad content, this would be bad for the adoption of the ecosystem as the go to tool for quality content.

Bye,

Jean