playMaker

Author Topic: Physics and force question.  (Read 1088 times)

EM-Guvi

• Playmaker Newbie
Physics and force question.
« on: November 25, 2018, 03:49:53 PM »
Hey, so i'm trying to create a situation in a scene where you can bounce off objects using multiply force the character to get him to bounce higher using physics, the action I've mostly been using is the add force action, with velocity change with the Y axis, constantly multiplying to a higher force, however when the character is falling back down to hit and I manage to hit the second target to combo a bounce, the character wont bounce higher than the first initial bounce, I realize this is because the downwards force far greater that the impulse change, I've been trying for hours to somehow either reset the velocity so the character will bounce higher, that doesn't seem to make a difference, I've tried multiple things like setting it to kinematic and turning gravity off quickly, but nothing really is changing the height of the character, i'm not very great with physics, so i wondering if anyone had any clue on how or what action I could use to combo a character using physics to bounce higher, I know i could add a physics material i'm trying to tweak it better, its not quite want i'm trying to do though, I tried to explain it best i can, I hope this made sense. :-\

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Physics and force question.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 01:56:59 AM »
Hi,

uhm... I would ask on Unity forums and UA as well, maybe someone has a clue there too.

are you not constraint by the drag value?

try with waiting one frame before forcing the velocity, maybe you do that too soon?

Bye,

Jean

EM-Guvi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 02:41:24 AM »
Hi Jean!
I think I found a solution using a physics material swap, I guess I was just being stupid.
It doesn't exactly send the player upwards through a trigger but using the impact instead, does pretty much what I kind of wanted.
Big fan btw, always apperiate your help.  ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »
Hi,

you are welcome :)

Bye,

Jean