playMaker

Author Topic: Find Game Object Issue  (Read 1004 times)

Athin

Find Game Object Issue
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:04:32 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to get some help on this one as I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure this out.  I got a simple find game object action going to find any object with the TAG Open.  This was working fine for awhile now but suddenly today, the action is finding objects that aren't in the scene?!? 

I have a farm with the TAG open in my project but none in the scene.  The action will find an object farm (Scene Preview) when used?  clicking on that object variable doesn't show the object in the scene and causes errors shortly after since now I got a dud game object var basically.

Side note: I had a Get Parent action right after the find object action as well and what it found was called farm (Scene Preview) Animator (Scene Preview).  The farm doesn't even have an animation on it?  When clicking on it, the editor doesn't highlight where this is coming from yet the inspector shows a game object farm with an animator???  Also restarting my Unity seems to fix it for a few play through until it starts up again.

This one really has me confused badly and I'm at the point of changing this whole system around to adjust for this.  Does anyone know the cause or how to fix it?

Thanks

RobotGoggles

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Find Game Object Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 01:27:12 AM »
While I have no idea what would cause this, have you tried using Find Nearest instead? Just as a workaround?
When life hands you insomnia, make video games.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Find Game Object Issue
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:57 AM »
Hi,

what version of Unity are you using? Could you record a small screencast, cause I am not too sure I fully understand what's going on.

Bye,

Jean