playMaker

Author Topic: KIN SDK Action request would buy  (Read 8508 times)

RC

KIN SDK Action request would buy
« on: April 04, 2019, 08:30:28 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could make some playmaker actions for kin sdk?
Please give me a price and time frame. Thank you.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/kin-sdk-for-unity-android-beta-137182

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: KIN SDK Action request would buy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:39:15 AM »
Hi,

this is something that I think should go in the addons of the ecosystem. I don't have time right now, I have few more addons to finish first ( pun2 being one of them), then I can tackle that.

Can you get back to me end of this month?

Bye,

Jean

RC

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »
Absolutely Jean, I'll get back to you end of the month.
Thank you.

RC

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »
Hi, Jean.
Just checking to see if you'll have time to look into the SDK.  Thank you.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 12:32:28 PM »
Also vouching for interest in this.

--edit--
I'll make a brief pitch, as to why the KIN blockchain SDK is more important to have actions/support over the other two, which are Enjin and Dmarket.

At the bottom is the Too Long; Didnt Read (TL;DR) recap.

Lets first look at Enjin and Dmarket.  They offer very cool features like Non Fungible Tokens (Unique Items) and appealing game demos, but at the end of the day they are tokens built on the Ethereum blockchain.  In order to send ENJin based-tokens or Dmarket based-tokens from the game to the player, or player to player someone has to pay the transaction fee.  You can think of transaction fees as a shipping fee.  Either the buyer or the seller pays but SOMEONE is going to be paying for it. 

Well, how much are the fees for transfer?  Thats easy, consult https://ethgasstation.info/ and look at the numbers in the middle at the top.  As of right now, the standard transaction fee is 3 GWEI (transaction fee) which is roughly $.01 that is being paid every time you wish to award an in game item to a player.  This is an expensive hurdle to overcome, and you also have to find a way to prevent spam right? You dont want to award an item to players who complete their 10 min in game because then they can make bots and run you dry of the items (which cost you real $ to make plus the transaction fee of sending it to the players)

Next, if you look in the top right, it has the expected wait time.  As of right now its 30 seconds.  Again, paying $0.01 to reward a player and then a 30 second delay to receive it is going to be annoying for all involved.  Of course, you can make it arrive faster if you pay a higher transaction fee like say $.03 and it would probably arrive in around 5-8 seconds.

TL;DR
KIN was originally on Ethereum as well, but recently they have moved to their own blockchain which is a forked version of Stellar.

1) Transaction times are ~5 seconds or less.  This is roughly the same time it takes traditional IAP to be approved on IOS/Android.
2) As a developer your in app transaction fees are reduced to $0.00 (free transactions!!!) This includes rewarding players with Kin and players purchasing In App Purchases with Kin are set to $0.00
3) Kin is giving away 50 million Kin to all Unity developers who are approved (limited time). https://www.kin.org/developers/unityapply/apply/.
3a) Even if they did not provide Kin in a worst-case scenario with todays pricing you could buy 1 million Kin tokens for $50 USD and self-fund your account. 
4) On Google's Play store, Kin is an approved currency for In App Purchases.
4a) Apple does not allow Kin as an IAP for now.  However, the Kin team is still actively negotiating with them on it and there are rumors we may see approval in 2019.
5) At this time, there are no 3rd party Visual Scripting tools which utilize it.  This would give you an edge vs the competitors.
6) While not obvious, Kin the currency was created by Kik, the messenger app.  And as of 2017, Kik's valuation was at 1 Billion dollars and raised over $100 million dollars via crowdfunding for the purpose of creation of the Kin tokens.

There is more to learn about Kin, especially its Kin Rewards Engine (KRE) but that is not part of this brief (ha) overview.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 09:06:42 PM by PlaymakerNOOB »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 07:25:41 AM »
Hi.
I am working on actions for kin, for my tpa asset

You can join the beta discord channel, i will post beta action set when i have some ready.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »
Awesome.  I've purchased TPA in anticipation of a release soon.

RC

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 11:35:07 PM »
Hi.

You can join the beta discord channel, i will post beta action set when i have some ready.

Awesome! Will purchase once ready.  Thanks

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »
Hi.

Hi, was just wondering if there was a rough ETA for this?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 01:24:03 AM »
Hi.
I am hoping to have them finished by Monday, but i might post some test actions on my discord channel before that.

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2019, 07:51:09 AM »
Wow thats amazing, very quick!  ;D ;D ;D

RC

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 11:58:43 AM »
My man! Awesome looking forward to buying it!

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:06 AM »
Bump.  If you have any roadblocks let us know, maybe we can help.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »
Hi.
In Test Phase at the moment and its looking good so far.

I can get balance and build transactions.

But i am getting some fatal errors (crash the game or get stuck) when the public key is incorrect.
but i am not sure if this key would need to be set manually, if automatically then it should not be a problem.

I am working on a sample scene as the moment.

Here is the list of actions so far :

You can join me on Discord if you want to help :)

I will still  need to make some Event Listener actions for balance changes and payments
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:38:06 PM by djaydino »

RC

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 10:48:35 PM »
Amazing work! How can i get permission to send message in discord?