playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker Photon not working?  (Read 4334 times)

Devistute

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker Photon not working?
« on: April 20, 2019, 08:18:50 AM »
So i downloaded the newest Photon Actions from GitHub,
and newest Photon. However i get 46 Errors which are type of Name Space errors.

Code: [Select]
Assets\PlayMaker PUN\Actions\PhotonNetworkConnectToRegion.cs(15,22): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CloudRegionCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker PUN\Scripts\PlayMakerPhotonProxy.cs(64,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PhotonPlayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\PlayMaker PUN\Scripts\PlayMakerPhotonGameObjectProxy.cs(20,54): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'MonoBehaviour' does not exist in the namespace 'Photon' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

It seems these are out of date after a little digging around the internet.
Are the Actions going to be fixed sooner or later?
I managed to fix some, but the MonoBehaviour one i could not.
My game, "The Reminiscence" which uses playMaker almost in all interaction the game offers!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-reminiscence

LordHorusNL

• Beta Group
Re: PlayMaker Photon not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 02:57:52 PM »
The Photon actions on the ecosystem are for PUN Classic, not PUN 2.

I believe the update for PUN 2.0 is being worked on so for now just download PUN classic from the asset store and it should work.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 08:22:45 AM »
Hi.

Just confirming that jean is working on actions for PUN 2

Adam Z

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »
Hi.

Just confirming that jean is working on actions for PUN 2

Hows this coming along? Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:28:35 AM »
Hi,

It's already on the ecosystem, I have still few features to port, but the majority is there.

Bye,

Jean

Adam Z

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 11:14:09 AM »
Hi,

It's already on the ecosystem, I have still few features to port, but the majority is there.

Bye,

Jean

Great. Are you going to update the demo scene so we can understand how it works? Thanks.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 09:06:53 PM »
Right now, if you understand PUN 2, then the demo scene has everything that you may need. If you dont understand PUN 2, I think it would be impossible to learn from it. As it is now, its mostly just showing the PUN 2 callback (event) names, how to call a RPC and get event errors and such.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2019, 01:57:47 AM »
Hi,

To learn PUN, you need to go through the demo I made for PUN classic, this will give you the basics. All concepts are identical, PUN 2 is not that different.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/f/page?W927

With time, I'll do a basic tutorial dedicated to PUN 2.

also, I'll mention soon a talk that happen in Asia, involving pun 2 and PlayMaker, and you'll have some more infos to learn from, so stay tune for this.

Bye,

Jean

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2019, 09:42:30 AM »
In the meantime, if people are looking for PUN2 Playmaker tutorials, I am doing a short bunch. Note that the PUN 2 package is in beta, so there may be some small changes. But as far as I have found, it is working, as is.

The goal of this series is to connect to the master, join or create a room. Have a third person view. Have some cubes act as players. Move around a simple arena and shoot projectiles at each other. So this will cover the basics of PUN callbacks, rooms, photon view, is mine, RPCs, displaying player info (name, health). Hoping to have it done in about 4 - 6 tutorials max, as to not drag it out.

Here are the first two:

ToxicFrog

• Beta Group
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2019, 03:14:05 PM »
@tcmeric

Your timing couldn't be better! I was just asked to start working on implementing multiplayer on our project!

Thanks for putting these together! I'll report back with results in a couple of days :)