playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker has changed my life  (Read 2924 times)

ToxicFrog

• Beta Group
Playmaker has changed my life
« on: June 08, 2019, 02:53:25 AM »
THANK YOU for this amazing tool!

I dreamed about something like this many years ago. It has empowered me and enabled me to do so much that was not feasible before.

I am now and forever a Playmaker evangelist!

Such a great and helfpul community full of amazing tools, sharing all the knowledge.

Do not listen to anyone that gives you all the reasons not to use Playmaker. This tool makes things FAST and EASY.

*HUGS*
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:26:54 AM by ToxicFrog »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Playmaker has changed my life
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:02:55 AM »
Hi.
I has changed my life as well, i even learned C# thanks to PlayMaker.

PlayMaker works differently than coding in C# and it should be.
i think many engineers don't want to come out of their 'Comfort zone' or they will try like 1 day and take a conclusion,
Without thinking of how long it took them to learn C# (or any other language)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 07:32:30 AM »
#metoo  :o

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
more seriously :)

It did change my life as well. Even to this day, there is not a single project I create that doesn't use PlayMaker, just because for many cases, it's simply faster, without even the possibility to argue otherwise, it's simply faster...

but I also sometime prefer the use PlayMaker over c# because of the fsm paradigm, not because it's visual, but rather because it's a different approach to solve problems and logic flows that otherwise would be sooo twisted and impossible to debug properly over time.

Bye,

Jean

hoyoyo80

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 08:34:24 PM »
Me too  8) Love it 3000. Before this, ive used to make some flowchart of mechanic before writing the code.. But now the flowchart apply to PM FSM almost 1 to 1😜👍.

julianBray

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 11:13:18 AM »
 :)
 8)

1: Beginners
5: Intermediate
10: Advanced

Me, 2.5

wetcircuit

• wetcircuit.com
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »
 8) It's the FSM thing.

I got nowhere in Unity because I couldn't get anything to "happen". FSMs make sense to me.

Visula scripting is good too because I am a lazy typer  ;D less typing = less typos.

shamo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 12:43:49 AM »
Agree 100%. Without having advanced coding skills I couldn't have produced the games I have today using Playmaker. It still continues to astound me how versatile it is.  :D

Developer Dre Reid

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 09:16:53 PM »
I too am a fan of playmaker and even though I did learn some level of programming at college I still prefer playmaker or any type of visual node scripting over traditional code cause it just clicks in my mind.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 02:53:15 AM »
Hi,

It's good and highly recommanded that eventually, you master both PlayMaker and regular scripting, this is the best combination you can dream of. I tweeted yesterday about this soccer game that is using PlayMaker just for the visual fsm thingy and each state is just calling a regular script. PM becomes the backbons of your logic, the authoritative source of the current state, but doesn't have to deal with more if you don't want to.

I remember years ago I saw a team using PlayMaker on a big game with very complex UI, and they were using PlayMaker the same way, all panels, windows, animations for the UI were handled by PlayMaker, and scripts controlled it and relied on it, while implementing other features in pure code.

Bye,

Jean