playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Character stays static from x/y-axis input  (Read 1160 times)

Seiryu33

[SOLVED]Character stays static from x/y-axis input
« on: July 09, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »
Hi. This is a new issue. For whatever reason input from the left control-stick won't move the player character. It will transition to the next event but the character remains static (not moving in the x or y axis.) There's been no changes to my settings. It will however respond to input from the D-pad and any other input. This issue only seems to effect the left-control stick. Creating a new project file and even changing Unity versions fails to fix the issue. I have no explanation for this issue. Anyone know what's going on? I
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:52:56 AM by djaydino »

daniellogin

Re: Character stays static from x/y-axis input
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 12:30:13 AM »
You haven't provided enough information for anyone to help.

Maybe try taking some screenshots of your States and Actions, or at least detail out their sequence here.

You said the event sends, but what happens where it is sending it to? It uses a vector from the stick input? Have checked to see what the vector actually is? Maybe something is making it so tiny you can't see the movement. Compare it to the vector you get from the D pad input.

Another thing comes to mind though; it often works well to have input and the result all in the same State. For example if you push forward to move forward, don't have an action that only looks for the input (and nothing else) and then goes to a different state that only applies the movement; instead have the actions all together and working Every Frame. This doesn't work for everything (for example you can't control shooting like this), but for moving I think it makes more sense in most cases.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 04:22:46 AM »
Hi,

what input system are you using? if you are using Unity Input system, then your controller is likely not setup properly to be operatin inside the Input Manager.

What is your controller brand and type?

Bye,

Jean

Seiryu33

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 03:59:34 AM »
Yeah never mind. I figured out what it was. I had an Get Axis Event command with no direction option in the transition state so it wasn't sending it back to the start state.