playMaker

Author Topic: Npc Jumping Agent  (Read 5895 times)

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Npc Jumping Agent
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 03:52:46 AM »
Hi,

The reason I wanted to use this is because I don't have off mesh link capability because I am using Unity personal version. I will try to work on my own Npc Jumping system with Playmaker.

Thanks,

Rick C

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »
Hi,

personal edition was a very long time ago.... now all features are included, what version are you using?

Bye,

Jean

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 07:48:23 PM »
Hi,

I use 2017.1.5f1.   

Rick C

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »
Hi Jean,

Do you mean the newer Unity personal version includes all features? Does it now allow for use of IK?

Rick C

« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 10:01:02 PM by RICK »

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »
Jean,

OK, I downloaded Unity version 2019.3. I have been looking for some kind of tutorials for using Playmaker and path finding, particularly using off mesh links. I got the path finding package from the Eco system. Are there any samples I can get somewhere?

Thanks,

Rick C

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2019, 12:51:40 AM »
Hi,

Good, I don't think there are any samples for pathfinding that is up to date. Let me dig on my backups and work on something/ update them.

I am quite busy atm, so please ping me end of next week to remind me if I haven't come up with anything.

Bye,

Jean

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2019, 01:10:50 AM »
Hi,

OK, but since I upgraded Unity versions, I'm having a problem with my Playmaker character controller involving itween. I was just writing a post about it while you were posting. I will finish writing the the post about it.

Thanks,

Rick C

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2019, 01:15:42 AM »
Jean,

After upgrading to Unity 2019.3, Imported my main character from the old Unity version including the dependencies. It is based on Kudold 3rd person Playmaker character controller. I hate upgrading Unity versions because it's a big headache with Playmaker, especially with my character. The attached screenshot is the main FSM. It has many more smaller FSMs. Some FSMs use itween actions. I guess itween is a older tweening solution because I had to use a add-on to install it in the new Unity version. Some additional itween scripts were added to some of the components that was not there in the older version.

Thanks,

Rick C

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2019, 01:22:01 AM »
Hi,

ouch... this fsm is way too big. you need to optimise this fsm, you can't work and maintain a stable system like that

itween is deprecated, but you can still bring it back from the welcome screen under "addons/Legacy system"

if you were using 2017, you don't need to upgrade, offmeshlink is available in the free version.

Bye,

Jean

RICK

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2019, 03:21:41 AM »
Hi Jean,

Yes I know the FSM is big, I combined 3 different Kubold controllers into 1. I had a basic movement controller, a sword fighting movement controller and a rifle shooting movement controller.  I tried to use the 3 different movements with separate FSMs, sending events, testing bools and so forth, but it caused lags in my animations. The mecanim state machine is also complex, I have close to 800 animations. It's been working great so far.

I use the Unity Hub, so I now have versions 2017 and 2019. I think I read somewhere that DoTween was the best tweening solution. I think I will try to convert to that. I will see if off link mesh works in version 2017.

Thanks,

Rick C