playMaker

Author Topic: Three Bugs  (Read 1637 times)

Unrighteous

• Playmaker Newbie
Three Bugs
« on: October 19, 2019, 12:21:48 AM »
Hello, I would like to elaborate on three bugs I've encountered in playmaker. I will list what each of them are and then elaborate afterwards.

Playmaker version 1.9.0
Unity version 2019.2.9f1

1: Global Variable window causes typing in states to lose focus.
2: Global Variable duplication glitch.
3: Actions not copy/pasting/moving and vanishing.

1:
The first and by far the most annoying is that I can't keep the global variable window  open; if I do, I can't name states or type at all in playmaker states (action browser works fine). I think this is a known issue, I just wanted to say that I am experiencing it too and it happens to me 100% of the time.

2:
The second is that while I was copy/pasting actions, one of my Global Variables (Constitution) was renamed to "Dexterity" so I had two GV's named Dexterity. I can't reproduce this, and miraculously restarting unity changed it back, just thought this was worth mentioning. We can't rename Global Variables, so the names changing randomly could really mess with a project. Screenshot attached.

3:
The third bug is kind of broad, but sometimes playmaker actions don't copy/paste,
or they get deleted randomly when I paste something. The same happens when I re-order actions in a state, sometimes actions get deleted instead of moved. I noticed this happens very consistently with the "UI Text Set Text" action that can be accessed by dragging text into a state. I have a video attached showing this. When I re-order it, it just vanishes. This also happens frequently when I copy/paste, and it can take minutes to get the action working (this sometimes happens with other actions too).

If anyone has any solutions to any of these (particularly 1 and 3), I would love to hear them. Thank you, and have a great day!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:36:07 PM by Unrighteous »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Three Bugs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 01:46:29 AM »
Hi,

which version of playmaker exactly do you run? if not the latest, can you check again with the latest, if it happens still, let me know, thanks.

Bye,

Jean

baz

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Three Bugs
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:21:32 AM »
Hello, I can confirm bug number 1 is super annoying, I couldn't figure it out until I read this post. Having the global variable window out and docked somewhere, then trying to type in a new state name, it acts as if you are pressing hotkeys in unity itself and starts to select all the unity editor tools.

I'm using unity 2019.3.11f1 and am using Playmaker 1.9.0