playMaker

Author Topic: Black Screen after Unity Splash for a few seconds[SOLVED]  (Read 12028 times)

Christoph

• Beta Group
Re: Black Screen after Unity Splash for a few seconds[SOLVED]
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 09:17:32 AM »
Hi. I will need more support with this to understand exactly what to do with the profiler. Because it doesn’t show anything when that black screen happens.

Scene loads really fast when adding a second scene for loading bar only. I pointed that out to Alex as well. The problem is not my scene or assets. It actually seems to be Playmaker itself. Even with an empty scene the game always shows the black screen.

I even did a test with an empty project. Playmaker + 100 Empty FSMs already add 1sec of black screen.

My project doesn’t have lots of assets at all but I now load them all from resources async and don’t instantiate them at start. So that doesn’t affect it either anymore.

Black screen still there.

Checked with other devs for mobile. Their games have all the same problem. Black screen.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Black Screen after Unity Splash for a few seconds[SOLVED]
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 02:00:16 AM »
Hi,

if nothing shows up in profiler when you have a black screen, then it might be your UI that shows a black screen ( or nothing), and you have a tempo somewhere...

Make sure you document yourself on how to use the profiler, thee profiler doesn't require any coding, so try to understand how it works, what to look for, what to enable ( memory, script, renderingm, physics, audio, etc)

can you put debug logs before and after you load the scene, make a simple fsm in your scene that says hello when it starts, then you'll know if the black screen is coming from scene loading or UI.

Let me again reassure you that not everyone has black screens when using playmaker or doing mobile dev, something is odd here, we need to find it. If you have other devs saying so, can you redirect them to me so we can also address that and find out exactly what's happening?

Bye,

Jean