playMaker

Author Topic: mobile getures and easing in playmaker  (Read 1973 times)

TerraImagina

• Playmaker Newbie
mobile getures and easing in playmaker
« on: December 02, 2019, 05:45:56 AM »
Hi, everyone!
I just purchased playmaker and I really enjoy the simplicity and power it give me, I feel I will really enjoy working with it ! Today I am still a bit lost on some features that are important for my project.
I am develloping a kid app on ipad and mobile. It is very important to be able to implement touch feature easily and having simple easing fonctionalities.

-What is the best way to have access on mobile touch with playmaker in 2019, allowing easy drag and drop, pinch zoom, rotation, swift... (maybe whith with help of other assets?)
-Is there a drag and drop fonctionality that allow to constrain the values of the drag object (ex a camera that can pan on the x axis and only on the boudary of the whole scene)
-What is the best way to implement easing today, wich one would you recommend today ?

I am sorry for those questions, I searched onn the forums allready, but there is different responses on different threads and I am getting really confuse at the moment...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: mobile getures and easing in playmaker
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:45:45 AM »
Hi,

For gestures, you are better off using a third party asset, yes, like

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/input-management/control-freak-2-touch-input-made-easy-11562

you'll need to really make a survey on the asset store and try to check which asset will best serve your needs, there are tons of similar assets, make sure they support Playmaker as well.

Easing: depends on too many things to give you a definite answer. there are two ways mainly.

- for live actions, I tend to rely on simple dummy controls, your touch is controlling a invisible object, and then your final object is catching up with it, making the easing part of how you set up to catch up logic. For example movetowards action, or even using physics and springs for example.

- for known outcomes, you can use the easeFloat action for example, where you animate a float between two values and define the ease method, duration, delay etc etc. I use that extensively to animate menus, popups, fades, etc etc.

Bye,

Jean

TerraImagina

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
Thank you Jean Fabre for the response. I will have a look on the gestures asset with playmaker support.
Thank you for the easefloat fonction as well, I did't know about it.
Guess it will take some time to be familiar with this giant toolbox that is playmaker.
Wish you the best and keep going the good work !

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 12:47:58 AM »
Hi,

yep, your best starting point is to experiment first, check forums, ask questions like you do and once you get a good overview, you can then apply it in your game, but always make sure you experiment first. I have tons of small test scenes in projects just to make sure I fully grasp certain features and that they work on their own so that in the more complex game environment, I can rely on it.

Bye,

Jean