playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker console errors  (Read 990 times)

Gaston3D

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker console errors
« on: December 04, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »
Hi,

I have been using Playmaker for Archviz in Unity for 2 years and I am very happy with the asset.

Recently, the office purchased this asset https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/systems/urban-traffic-system-2018-2-89133
I am getting this errors on the console.(see attachment)

I have only Playmaker and this Urban Traffic asset, so I narrow down the problem to be a compatibility issue between Playmaker, Standard Assets and Urban Traffic System.

All the messages from the console are from Playmaker, can you help me to find out what can I do to use this two very needed assets together? We are using 1.9.0.p19 (current) and Unity 2018.4 .

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker console errors
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 01:58:37 AM »
Hi,

Yep, it looks like a conflict indeed... the problem is that a script is defining "Animation" class without a domain and so it clashes with scripts trying to access UnityEngine own Animation Class.

try on a fresh project, with just playmaker and standard assets, if it does not conflict, then it's the urban asset.

Two ways to go about this.

-- contact author of urban traffic to check if he can add domains to his scripts, especially the one where classes are named like unity does ( like "Animation")
-- edit the playmaker action and explicitly call the class by their domain like 'UnityEngine.Animation' instead of just 'Animation', but that's going to be a real pain indeed...

try to delete the offending actions for a start, to see the scope of damage with this conflicts, it looks like only "Animation" is affected, let me know if you get different conflicts as well.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker console errors
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 02:00:27 AM »
Hi,

actually, there is a faster way:

put this at the top of the scripts giving you errors:

"using Animation = UnityEngine.Animation;" It will be faster then go over each usage.

Bye,

Jean