playMaker

Author Topic: How to use the new Input System with Playmaker?  (Read 2746 times)

paradiseprime

How to use the new Input System with Playmaker?
« on: December 13, 2019, 04:21:47 AM »
Been having decent success with getting buttons integrated with Playmaker but I cant seem to get the axis outside of event calls. I am trying to get the vector 2 values of each stick so I can feed them into the Get Axis Vector action.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to use the new Input System with Playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 07:39:17 AM »
Hi,

There are many ways to setup the new input system, can you explain more in details? Thanks :)

Bye,

Jean

paradiseprime

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »
Hi,

There are many ways to setup the new input system, can you explain more in details? Thanks :)

Bye,

Jean
No problem. I am trying to get the axis value of the left analog stick so I can use it with playmaker. The only way I have been able to get any information from the new Input System is through send events. In short, how do I get values like vectors from the new input system?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:48:50 AM »
Hi,

it's still not clear, Unity new input system is very complex and can be setup in many different ways. Please read this guide and let me know which technics you would like to have.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.inputsystem@1.0/manual/QuickStartGuide.html

also, have you checked existting post on this, some members have provided support for some aspect of this new system

in all fairness, I think using Rewire from the asset store is probably better at this point until this new system matures and gets integrated properly in playmaker.

Bye,

Jean

Mitch_Heisenberg

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 05:25:42 AM »
I am curious with respect to the Unity's new input system, and when it is planned to get Playmaker support.  Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 09:23:56 AM »
Hi.
you can find actions for the new input system here :

https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=21797.0