playMaker

Author Topic: Templates changes aren't saved in Playmaker 1.9.0.p10  (Read 1452 times)

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Templates changes aren't saved in Playmaker 1.9.0.p10
« on: December 19, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
Hi.

I have found a very weird and annoying bug. When making changes in a template, everything works in the editor, but I can't find the changes on my second computer. I thought Plastic SCM failed to update the template but after examination with a text editor, it turns out the template file isn't modified.

It's like my changes are saved in the library and not the project source file. As a result, random stuff I changed days ago aren't working properly after a re import.

I might have found a workaround. I make my changes in the template and import a package or anything from the asset store. This seems to wake things up and my changes appear in the template file.  :o

I hope this can be fixed quickly because it's a big reliability issue.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Templates changes aren't saved in Playmaker 1.9.0.p10
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 03:10:44 AM »
Hi,

you need to save your project, else sometimes assets modification don't get fully processed.

Can you confirmed the above? did you try it already?

else, what is the context of template editing, prefab? which unity version are you using?

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Templates changes aren't saved in Playmaker 1.9.0.p10
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 05:24:52 PM »
I tried and yes, saving the project works. I made a bug report to Unity about this because it affects many features. If you adress Unity about this it's the number 1209361.

I think calling a "save project" void from Playmaker could help if this is not the case already.

Thanks