playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Samples  (Read 3089 times)

Aleksandr409

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker Samples
« on: January 09, 2020, 05:39:36 PM »
I installed Examples of scenes and saw that there are no scripts and animations at the level of "NoExit"
Please help solve this problem.

Link to the Samples page:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W880
what i installed
"Download PlayMaker Sample Scenes (requires Unity 5.3+ and Playmaker 1.8+)"

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker Samples
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 02:47:14 AM »
Hi,

what is your problem exactly? if you run the scene does it work? can you move around, operate doors, etc?

Bye,

Jean

Aleksandr409

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 03:54:22 PM »
No, I can’t move and so on. missing scripts and animations in the scene inspector

Magnet

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 04:52:37 PM »
I installed Playmaker (version 1.9.0.p19) on Unity 2018.4.15f1 and tried loading the sample scenes package ("Unity5.3.PlayMakerSamples.unitypackage") today and also got errors. Here are the errors I got when importing:

Code: [Select]
"Lighting data asset ‘LightingData’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data.  Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt."[This error appears three times]

"Lighting data asset ‘LightingData’ is incompatible with the current Unity version. Please use Generate Lighting to rebuild the lighting data.  Realtime Global Illumination cannot be used until the lighting data is rebuilt.
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetGameObjectInstanceIDFromComponent(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

"The referenced script (Unknown) on this Behaviour is missing! [This error appears two times]

"The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'First Person Controller') is missing!" [This error appears six times]

"A polygon of Ceiling is self-intersecting and has been discarded."

"A polygon of Plane01 is self-intersecting and has been discarded." [This error appears two times]

"Movie importing requires Quicktime to be installed." [I'm sure this one is on my end]

"The script 'PlayMakerGlobals' does not derive from MonoBehaviour, but has been added to Game Object 'PlayMakerGlobals'. Please remove the script from the Game Object to avoid crashes."

I can't move around in NoExit (haven't tried the others). I'm guessing from the name of the samples package that it's intended for Unity 5.x and isn't compatible with later versions? Is there a version that's compatible with more recent versions, and if not, is one planned?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 04:55:04 PM by Magnet »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 03:22:12 AM »
Hi,

uhm, yeah, these samples need a update. I'll work on that and give you a working package early next week.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 06:13:11 AM »
Hi,

turns out that a lot needs to be rewriting starting 2018 because many scripts used in the samples are using Javascript and not c#.

so right now, I would recommand that you open the samples on 2017 LTS or less, starting 2018, it will not work anymore.

I'll check with Alex on the possible way forward on this and I know we discussed some revamp on these samples. Let's see what we can do here.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 02:02:33 AM »
Hi,

ok, as a first step towards cleaning up and porting the playmaker samples, please find a version where noExit scene works, it uses the standard assets for the character controller, I am working on making it just with PlayMaker, but I did not wanted you to wait too long, because the noexit scene shows a lot of important PLayMaker design patterns.

Playmaker Samples for Unity 2018 and up

Bye,

Jean