playMaker

Author Topic: WARNING! Playmaker seems to be destroying nested pre-fab links on build.  (Read 1111 times)

dt1000

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi everyone.
I have recently noticed some extremely worrying behavior while building projects with PlayMaker. I assume that this is a bug... but wanted to check in to make sure I am not doing something wrong.

When I build, it looks like Playmaker is doing something to all my prefabs (pre-compiling them?) If I build straight away after opening Unity this is fine - no troubles.

However, very often, usually after I have already built once, when Playmaker pre-compiles the pre-fabs it changes the File Ids on them (I noticed this when I was comparing diffs in my versioning system). When this happens, any references to game objects that are nested prefabs are broken (in both FSMs and any scripts you may have on Game Objects).

This meant that for several days I was slowly destroying my game without realizing it. Fun!

Hopefully there is a bug fix for this, or a quick change in the settings, but otherwise be sure to check your prefabs' File IDs after building!

If anyone has any ideas on how I can stop this from happening, I would much appreciate it!

Thanks,
Dan

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: WARNING! Playmaker seems to be destroying nested pre-fab links on build.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 06:09:56 PM »
Hi, that doesn't sound good! What versions of Playmaker and Unity are you using? Are you able to share a project where this happens? If so can you PM me a download link?

Thanks,
Alex

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 11:28:28 AM »
Hi.
I had it once before i think, i will try to repo.

For now best is to duplicate your project and use that to make a build, so that the original is not altered.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 08:08:57 AM »
Hi,

also, make sure you use a github repository or something similar, this way you'll exactly what was altered very easily without looking for it manually.

what platform are you publishing for? what unity version and what playmaker version?

Bye

Jean