playMaker

Author Topic: Trouble with "TriggerEvent" Tags. Could be VR problem. [SOLVED]  (Read 3979 times)

BrodyH

• Playmaker Newbie
Trouble with "TriggerEvent" Tags. Could be VR problem. [SOLVED]
« on: February 01, 2020, 05:28:19 PM »
Hello i have been having an issue where in my fsm when i use the Trigger event i cant seem to use the tag system. Trigger event will fire trigger enter no matter what tag the object colliding with it has and i really need it to be tag exclusive. my theory is that the problem may be because the objects that are coliding are being held by me with an intractable script. therefore adding the tags of all the objects in my player controller and confusing playmaker. (I'm testing this theory now but want to see if anyone has a fix for this problem)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 07:55:10 AM by djaydino »

BrodyH

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Trouble with "TriggerEvent" Tags. Could be VR problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 05:59:18 PM »
UPDATE. I did some testing and my previous theory was wrong. It wont identify tags no matter the object or what that object is being influenced by.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:18:22 PM »
Hi.
does at least on of the objects its collider component set as trigger?
Else you need to use on collision event.

does the object that is moving have a rigidbody?

BrodyH

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 12:46:07 PM »
Yes i tried messing with the "is trigger" checkbox and it still fires wither its on or off for either object. I also tried the collision event to the same result. It still fires no matter what tag is on the object that collides with it.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 04:12:32 AM »
Hi.
On a clean project or scene does it happen as well?

what exactly does the interactable script?

BrodyH

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 04:22:53 PM »
Hello sorry for the late response i've been experimenting with this and it does happen as well on a clean scene. i've also tested that steam vr plugin and oculus plugin don't contribute anything like i previously thought. would it help to put up a screenshot of the script? ill get on that.

BrodyH

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 01:58:40 PM »
(FIXED ISSUE) ok so i found the solution to the problem. I needed a node after start to pass through before i can make a node to check whether or not something has collided. I'm not sure why this would affect the unity tags system but i seemed to work. if its not working just make a node to pass through after start. it does not even have to do anything.