playMaker

Author Topic: )) events  (Read 1747 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
)) events
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:07:14 AM »
Sorry if this has already been covered, I have also not yet updated PM beyond 1.0.9.p19.

A state will display the )) icon (radio?) on the right of its name if it sends at least one event over the air, either to itself or outside of the FSM.

But I noticed that the list also displays events which are merely sent by links when at least one event is sent over the air. So these "normal" events are in the list, yet they are not heard by Entry/Global transitions in self or outside of the FSM.

In other words, why would an event be added to the list of "))" events when it is neither:
- sent over the air (linkless)
- used anywhere else as an entry/global transition

?

I understand the idea behind it but maybe it could need a bit of clarification.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: )) events
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure I follow, where you are with the "list", can you make a screenshot so that I can see where you are and the context?

Jean

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »
The list is the little popup that appears when you click on the )) icon.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 05:57:07 AM »
Hi,

Can you make a screenshot? thanks :)

Bye,

Jean

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 09:44:52 AM »
Ok, see the picture.
The Stuff state sends two custom events, Event 1 and Event 2.
Event 1 links to the green state, used by the action Float Compare.
Event 2 is used by Send Event to Self. The orange state receives this event.

I would find the )) function more useful if it limited itself to the states that are actually sent through "radio", unlinked.
The symbol )) kinda alludes to this, does it not? Like it's a wave, it "shouts" the event.
We don't really need the same event(s), already displayed under the state under the form of (a) linked transition(s), to be redisplayed in the list.

Perhaps there could be an option in Parameters to decide to have )) display all custom events or simply display unlinked custom events.

Also, maybe it would be better if the popup list worked by not having to select the state and then click on )), but simply by flying above )) with the cursor? It would certainly be quicker. Ideally we would still be able to select an event from the list. The symbol is not too obtrusive regarding the state's size so more than 80% of the state remains clickable without activating the )) popup.
Then again, this option could be disabled so clicking on it after selecting the state would be necessary instead of having the quicker flyover mode.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 07:01:22 AM »
Hi,

yeah, I see what you mean. that's tricky, because within each action, the event could be sent in a very different ways, you could even have a "Set Event Target" action on that state that would completly change the way events are sent.

maybe some separators of prefix suffix to each entries would help for sure like:

"Transition -> EVENT" or something.

Bye,

Jean