playMaker

Author Topic: Events change from local to global when starting playmode  (Read 1257 times)

TheMunk

• Playmaker Newbie
Events change from local to global when starting playmode
« on: March 09, 2020, 04:27:47 AM »
Very weird bug.

I made one of my FSM's into a prefab for testing purposes. Got annoyed by the constant opening of the prefab in order to edit, so I unpacked the prefab from the Hierarchy. Hereafter, I wanted to change some global events to local - but whenever I click play, they return to being global.

I tried changing them in the event browser, and I even deleted and recreated them with the same results...

What could make this happen?

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: Events change from local to global when starting playmode
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 07:10:55 AM »
Sometimes some FSMs were kinda buggy and they couldn't stop setting Local events to Global. Even when I'd "localize" them, after a while, behind my back, they'd become Global again. That happened much less with the 1.9.x versions.
This is not the only problem I noticed on events either. If you check the Events tab, you'll see that that each event's count changes to 0 too.
I think the whole events sorting and management needs some serious updating, and would gain in power if it were more flexible regarding the Global attribute too.
The Events tab could display some extra useful information.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Events change from local to global when starting playmode
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 03:45:46 AM »
Hi,

you might want to open the Event editor window and edit them there. This might be why.

Bye,

Jean