playMaker

Author Topic: How to set Action Sequence as Default?  (Read 1138 times)

PleaseHelpMe

• Playmaker Newbie
How to set Action Sequence as Default?
« on: March 09, 2020, 08:39:43 PM »
Hello, is it possible to set Action Sequence as default? So I don't have to manually set every block as an Action Sequence.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to set Action Sequence as Default?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 02:44:51 AM »
Hi,

you should not always have sequences states, sequence states should only be used in very specific case which is not the typical usage of PlayMaker states.

Why do you want to have all your state as sequence?

Bye,

Jean

PleaseHelpMe

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 02:27:15 PM »
The game play as a visual novel. I have a lot of Variable Operators and Conditional Statements that correspond with arrays. I want them to be used in the order that I placed them.

I noticed that without an Action Sequence each action with randomly occur in different orders each time.

If none of the items in the array are found shown by multiple Conditional Statements in the same block with TRUE events but no FALSE events then it will proceed to the bottom Send Event. The send event will allow the story to proceed as to prevent further interactions that may double up on variable changes while the current variable change is taking place. If any statements are true it sends it back to another state to set the Variable and then transitions back to the original Array to get the next item in the array.

While this is done as a whole at the start of a game. As variables change in the game I perform separate actions of each one rather than having it be used to re-enter every single variable.

A couple of times the game has not worked properly and I go back to check the States of multiple wondering what was wrong and turns out I forgot to place the State as an action sequence.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 02:32:38 PM by PleaseHelpMe »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 02:15:08 AM »
Hi,

actions do no operate randomly at all, in a state each action is performed in the exact order it's setup. the sequence option only impose that the state executes each action one after the other WHEN the action tells it has finished, that's all.

what could be happening is that if you temper with array content, you may need to force saving the array before other action use it straight away, that's likely what happens with you.

check the action ArraySaveChange on the eocsystem. that could be what you need.

Bye,

Jean