playMaker

Author Topic: Question about Unity Assets compatibilities  (Read 1196 times)

NodeEncounter

• Playmaker Newbie
Question about Unity Assets compatibilities
« on: April 07, 2020, 09:43:49 PM »
Hey all,

I'm about to purchase PlayMaker but I wanted to double check if Unity Utility scripts and programs work alongside it? I have a few favorited that I plan on purchasing once I start working on my project, specifically XP Manager Utility.

Is it not compatible? Seamless? Need to tweak anything for it to work?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Question about Unity Assets compatibilities
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 02:37:05 AM »
Hi,

- I am not aware of any custom actions to work with Unity Utility scripts specifically.
- what do you mean by programs? you mean assets from the asset store?

Many asset store publishers provide playmaker support out of the box. We also cover a lot of assets on or Ecosystem and on the forum, so be sure to check before commiting to a particular asset.

PlayMaker provides a c# api that lets you create custom actions so that you can provide support for any script or utilisty or asset. However you need to know how to code, if you don't, that's more problematic, though playmaker has some actions that can introspect on the script you want to control and many times you can get away with working like that.

Bye,

Jean

NodeEncounter

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 12:21:08 PM »
Hey Jean,

Thank you for your swift reply. By programs, yes I mean unity assets from the store. For example, I am interested in an XP Manager for an RPG game I want to create, although I'm not sure if it's PlayMaker ready since there's no listing of that on the asset store page details.

Is it possible to check the PlayMaker Ecosystem ahead of time to see what is available? Or is that all integrated within the forum itself too?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 03:46:33 AM »
Hi,

check the forum indeed and also simply contact the author if in doubt, but if in the asset description, there are no mention of playmaker, chances are there is no support for it.

Bye,

Jean

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 09:05:41 AM »
As far as I know, I have never seen an asset that supports Playmaker secretly. When the publishers do, they make it very clear. Otherwise there's nothing.