playMaker

Author Topic: Smooth Moves Actions  (Read 10039 times)

tester

• Playmaker Newbie
Smooth Moves Actions
« on: September 03, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »
Hi,
There are so many missing actions in smooth moves.
The really basic one is ReplaceBoneTexture.

I am trying to write my own actions, but I dont know how to get the textureAtlas in playmaker. There is texture variable but I dont know if there is any ways to convert that to textureAtlas.

Does anyone know? or If there is any existing action that is already doing the same thing?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Smooth Moves Actions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:52:16 AM »
Hi,

Could you point me to a online documentation of this feature you want to have, I'll look into it. I think the smooth moves api will give you what you need, but I am not sure what you are after.

bye,

Jean

tester

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 03:34:22 PM »
http://www.midnightware.com/echo17/SmoothMoves.html

There is "API Documentation" in the "Documentation" section,  you have to use "iChm" to open If you are using Mac.

There is this "ReplaceBoneTexture" inside the smooth moves api, which is really the base case. Basically I just want to use smooth moves within playmaker, but playmaker's Smooth Moves actions are too useless. Currently It can only play or stop animation but not  anything like swap atlas. replace texture(eg: replace weapon). 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:31 AM »
Hi,

ok, I get it now. Yes indeed, a lot of actions can be made to access all these functionnalities.

I have contacted the author to see if I can get a license to actually provide the work. Pm me anyway so we can arrange something in the meantime if you are in need of them actions urgently.

bye,

Jean

Maart

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 09:08:11 AM »
If I add an FSM to a bone in a smoothmoves object. the fsm disapears when I start my game.

is there a way that I can ad a fsm to an objecta bone? or should I keeo hem seperate objects?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 01:52:58 AM »
Hi,

I don't own smoothMoves, so I can't really test here, but it could be that everything is regenerated and you loose the components you added during edit time, it's very possible. You should contact echo17 to get a more definite answer to that.

bye,

Jean

Maart

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »
I guess you're right. Is there a way to attach a to a gameobject at runtime?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:44:32 AM »
Hi,

Yes you can, you can use "add Component" action to attached any behavior to GameObjects at runtime.

bye,

Jean

rganeyev

• Playmaker Newbie

clockmaster

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 05:20:16 AM »
Sorry to use this Post, But I donĀ“t want to create another one, because, I have the Same Request. But I need an Action for Sprite Component of Smoothmoves. I need an Action to Change the Texture from Textur Atlas. I can choose it from the Editor from a List, but I need to change it through a Playmaker Action. It would be Really Great, if Someone could have a look on it.

derkoi

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »
I've just emailed the author of Smooth Moves asking for him to update the package to include full playmaker support as advertised.

Hopefully he'll oblige.  :)

echo17

• Playmaker Newbie
    • echo17 software
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 10:19:15 AM »
Hi guys,

I've posted a new set of SmoothMoves playmaker action scripts. You can find the info here:

http://www.echo17.com/forum/index.php?topic=247.msg565#msg565

You can also get to them from the SmoothMoves website:

http://echo17.com/smoothmoves.html

Happy Animating!

AndyJ710

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 06:45:42 PM »
Echo17,

I was using these. Super useful for my project to control animation states. But as of a latest update to Unity, it seems to have broken the scripts...

Any plans to update? I would hate to have to find a different state machine to handle things...

Please help!

echo17

• Playmaker Newbie
    • echo17 software
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:09 AM »
Hi there. Sorry, but I can't seem to get any errors. I'm using the following:

Unity 4.6 b17
SmoothMoves 2.4.1c
Playmaker 1.7.7.2
SmoothMoves Playmaker scripts for Unity 4.5+

Be sure you downloaded the scripts for 4.5 and later (not 4.3.4 and earlier). The older scripts are incompatible with newer unity versions. Scripts can be downloaded here:

http://echo17.com/smoothmoves.html

AndyJ710

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 05:00:22 PM »
Thank you! I didn't realize the was a 4.5+ update. Used and it worked. And geez I can't believe how long it's been since I've checked this forum but just wanted to say thanks, you helped me a ton!