playMaker

Author Topic: Get System Info  (Read 1240 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Get System Info
« on: May 28, 2020, 06:38:50 AM »
As a measure of precaution here, are there some of these fields which are bound to change IF the user of a device updates (or changes) the Operating System?
Or, in other words, what fields will always remain the same on a given device, no matter what the user does?

nuFF3

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
  • Are we even real?
    • One Month Studio
Re: Get System Info
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:07:26 AM »
I'm pretty sure the information this action gathers is only called upon ONCE its active, and if you want to update the information you'd need to call upon it once again.
I don't really know what you're asking for or worried about.
If the information changes. Ok... Just overwrite the old information if that was stored somewhere, no problem.

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 01:48:46 PM »
I don't really know what you're asking for

May I need to rephrase my question? I thought it was sufficiently detailed.

If the information changes. Ok... Just overwrite the old information if that was stored somewhere, no problem.

I know how the action works. What I need to know is how the data it provides behaves; i.e. what informations will change if the user updates his device. Nothing else.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 03:01:53 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, I am too confused by your question, if the user change his graphic cards, I think it's obvious that there is a very high chance that the graphic card infos will change. Right?

Are you looking for a way to make a serial number to recognize user+machine to prevent multiple installs or tracking statistics? The device unique Identifier should be enough ( though I can't guarantee this is true and will remain the same no matter what)

Bye,

Jean