playMaker

Author Topic: I think the GUI actions aren't scaled uniformly.  (Read 2939 times)

Red

I think the GUI actions aren't scaled uniformly.
« on: September 06, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »
for the ones where it should be taking 1:1 pixel ratio aren't rendering in the same scale as the source images... this is making creating a custom UI very difficult because i have to really fudge the numbers to get them alligned properly.

you can see this with GUI Layout Box compared to the GUI Texture action (try it with two instances of the same image to see what i mean... even with the scaling dropdowns it's not aligning properly.

Red

Re: I think the GUI actions aren't scaled uniformly.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Also, found something else that's not working as it ought to... the "preview" of the gui is no longer previewing...  as in, i'm going blind... it runs on play but not in the window as i'm building it.

kinda need this one to be resolved, i need to get a gui going.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 05:16:07 AM »
Hi,

are you using a special skin? It's likely a mis use of the gui stuff.

gui layout will adapt size to whyt you tell it to be, not with what image you are injecting in it. It really depends how you are building this.

as for preview, are you sure you have selected the state where you have some gui in it? it only show the preview of gui actions within a the selected state.

If in trouble, pm me, I'll look over this.

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »
nope, just using unity's default skin.

as for the gui layout, all i was using was gui texture, box and labels... the texture seems to be different scale ratio than the box...

and the GUI that i was working on was all on one action when it cut out. (i'm trying to set up a system for displaying the various weapons' cool-down time...)