playMaker

Author Topic: I need your help for the video player  (Read 1863 times)

scage

• Playmaker Newbie
    • My Personal Page Itch.io
I need your help for the video player
« on: June 29, 2020, 08:50:10 AM »
Hello;

I would need your help, I need to create a prototype in webgl, my project works well in Unity and on export for Windows. the problem comes that when I export it in webgl, the game launches without problem on chrome, but the videos of the video player which launches of course Windows does not launch in webgl, I use the ecosystem package. the goal of using the webgl, is so that the film "game" is accessible to as many people as possible on a website ...

we are trying to create interactive films with Unity. if you have advice or a solution I am interested. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: I need your help for the video player
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:23:11 AM »
Hi,

can you check this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54856356/webgl-unity-build-wont-play-video

have you put your video in the streaming asset folder?

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 02:24:02 AM »
Hi,

also, maybe the easiest solution would be to have your videos on your server and then play then using their url, so you don't need to embed them in your unity build.

Bye,

Jean

scage

• Playmaker Newbie
    • My Personal Page Itch.io
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 07:47:43 AM »
Hello, I had to give up, the contract was too short to test. so no I had not succeeded.

the solution shouldn't be difficult, but I should take more time to investigate the matter.

Best regards