playMaker

Author Topic: Does PlayerPrefs work for Nintendo Switch?  (Read 2032 times)

daniellogin

Does PlayerPrefs work for Nintendo Switch?
« on: July 06, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
Anyone have Playmaker projects working on the Nintendo Switch?

I want to know if the PlayerPrefs actions work or not? Or otherwise, how can I save variables between play sessions?

Right now I'm working on my project to get it to a level that I can pitch a fairly feature filled version to a publisher to get access to the developer kit, or alternatively to apply directly to Nintendo for it. However this means I'm concerned that work I'm doing now will need to be redone if it's not actually compatible with the Switch.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Does PlayerPrefs work for Nintendo Switch?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 02:21:17 AM »
Hi,

It's difficult to say because nintendo rules are very stricts and only developers that are allowed to deploy for nintendo have access to these details, since Nintendo will give developers a special version of Unity to work for their platform...

I have met nintendo people several times to try and push proper support to their platform and provide quality support for Playmaker, but there policy are beyond insane ( I will stay polite here but insane is the right wording), they are in a bubble of their own and it's very frustrating to witness indeed...

So in short, either you find a nintendo developer that is willing to break the silence, taking the risk to be kicked out of the platform... and let you know if yes or no playerprefs are supported, or you will find out only after you have been approved and welcome in their private developers forums.

Bye,

Jean

daniellogin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 03:18:00 AM »
Nintendo will give developers a special version of Unity to work for their platform...
Wow... I did not see that one coming.

either you find a nintendo developer that is willing to break the silence, taking the risk to be kicked out of the platform... and let you know if yes or no playerprefs are supported, or you will find out only after you have been approved
I can't believe it. Insane indeed. I'm just blown away by how secret it all is.

But thank you for at least informing me of this side of things so I don't waste my time continuing to search for the info.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 09:25:32 AM »
Hi,

yep, this is indeed frustrating and almost surreal to think that they could behave this way... very unpleasant and off putting.

Bye,

Jean