playMaker

Author Topic: [Solved] Ecosystem Broken - Can't Search  (Read 1761 times)

PowerOffUser

• Playmaker Newbie
[Solved] Ecosystem Broken - Can't Search
« on: September 25, 2020, 04:40:59 PM »
Ecosystem it broken on my machine in multiple Projects. I can't search anymore.

I am using Unity 2020.1.6fi and the latest Playmaker and Ecosystem Versions.

I get multiple errors when trying to search:

Code: [Select]
http://www.fabrejean.net/projects/playmaker_ecosystem/search/array?content_type_mask=&repository_mask=U3U4U5U2017U2018U2019U2020&EcosystemVersion=0.6.8&UnityVersion=2020.1.6f1&PlayMakerVersion=1.9.0.p21
UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:SearchRep() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2424)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnGUI_ToolBar() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:1271)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnGUI_Main() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:789)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnGUI() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:1174)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Search Error : An exception occurred during a WebClient request.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2488)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnInspectorUpdate()

ParseSearchResult
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:ParseSearchResult(String) (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2551)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2504)

Json parsing error Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:ParseSearchResult(String) (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2581)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnInspectorUpdate() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2504)

Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:ParseSearchResult(String) (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2582)

http://www.fabrejean.net/projects/playmaker_ecosystem/search/array?content_type_mask=&repository_mask=U3U4U5U2017U2018U2019U2020&EcosystemVersion=0.6.8&UnityVersion=2020.1.6f1&PlayMakerVersion=1.9.0.p21
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:SearchRep() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:2424)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnGUI_ToolBar() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:1370)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnGUI_Main() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:789)
Net.FabreJean.PlayMaker.Ecosystem.EcosystemBrowser:OnGUI() (at Assets/net.fabrejean/Editor/PlayMaker/Ecosystem/EcosystemBrowser.cs:1174)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

What i tried so far:
Reinstalled Unity
Created new Project and reinstalled Playmaker and Ecosystem
Reimported Playmaker and Ecosystem in existing Project
Yes, I restarted my Computer :P

I am also working on a second machine at another location/another network and there I dont have the problem, even in the same projects it works fine there.

I am at a loss for ideas how to fix this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit1:
Also disconnected my Machine from the router and created a hotspot with my cellphone to connect to a mobile network to check if my router may be blocking the request. Still didn't work.

Edit2:
Created a project in Unity 2018.3.12f1, same issue.
Created a project in Unity 2019.4.11f1, same issue.
Deleted all Unity related Folders in appdata/roaming

Edit3:
Deleted all Unity related keys in the registry.
Tried in Compatibility mode.
No solution yet.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:38:01 PM by PowerOffUser »

PowerOffUser

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Ecosystem Broken - Can't Search
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 04:40:29 PM »
Still found no solution.

I found this similiar sounding bug/help request, but it has no solution as well.
https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=22126.0

Would appreciate any pointers or tips on what to try

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 01:28:48 AM »
Hi,

that's odd indeed, everything is working here.

It seems to me that your firewall or antivirus might be the problem, make sure you put unity into your whitelist of apps that can access internet.

Bye,

Jean

PowerOffUser

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 06:04:54 PM »
Very much so.

I tried that before, but did it again to be sure and also added exceptions in my Antivirus application, but that does not help.

I also don't have any other problems with Unity on my machine, as far as I can tell this seems to be isolated to the ecosystem.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 05:26:10 AM »
Hi.
here is a link to a github page, can you open it?

https://github.com/PlayMakerEcosystem/PlayMakerCustomActions_U5/tree/master/Assets

You can find all the custom actions/sample/packages there btw

when you go to this link you can download the project :
https://github.com/PlayMakerEcosystem/PlayMakerCustomActions_U5

Then you can place somewhere in your computer and move actions you need to your project.

so at least you can use it this way until a solution is found

PowerOffUser

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [Solved] Ecosystem Broken - Can't Search
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 12:41:05 PM »
As a last effort and the last guess that djaydino had at fixing it, I reinstalled windows and that actually fixed it!

My Machine had died some months ago and I just revived it about one or two weeks ago by changing the motherboard and cpu. Djaydino guess was that that could have interfered with some technomagic and that a windows reinstall could fix that, which seems to be true

Qbanyto

• Vista Larga, Paso corto
Re: [Solved] Ecosystem Broken - Can't Search
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 08:06:44 PM »
My Ecosystem still isn't working but i'm not about to reinstall windows lol. It was working 1 month ago now it stopped.