playMaker

Author Topic: NGUI send event when finished.  (Read 6988 times)

Sjones

NGUI send event when finished.
« on: September 23, 2012, 11:53:46 AM »
in the NGUI animation scripts you can send events when it has finished playing, much like the finish send event in the playmaker itween actions, I have been looking at the additional cs file for ngui for interaction with playmaker and unfortunately this is out of my ability at the moment.

would it be possible for someone to either add the send when finished to the current interaction script or make a new script to specify an fsm and send event on its own.

its slightly different from the other actions in ngui as you have to specify a script file.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: NGUI send event when finished.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 03:04:33 AM »
Hi,

allow me few days, I'll see what I can do. Bump this thread if you don't hear from me before the end of this week.

bye,

Jean

Sjones

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:35 AM »
bumping as you had a bit of time to do the on-level load, I didnt want to distract from prime31! thanks agai for your help

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:57:38 AM »
Hi,

Ok, have you checked this post?

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1356.0

isn't it what you are after?

bye,

Jean

Sjones

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:35:50 AM »
I went through the post again to make sure however what I am after is slightly different.

the script in the post looks for the internal workings of ngui for its onpress and so on.

what I am after is a script to send to an fsm that would fit in the "call when finished" field.

this from what I understand calls the script once the animation has finished.

I would prefer this way to garuntee there would not be any issues between playmaker and ngui, for example a 3 second UI animation was played, instead of having an event sent by onpress and a 3 second wait in playmaker, the event would only be sent once the animation has finished avoiding any miss match in time between playmaker and ngui.

it may be possible to edit the original script to check for call when finished is triggered instead of a script to go into this field, I think that way would be more useful/easy way to use this as you would be calling the same script every time that can not be changed, however I am not sure if this is possible.

below is an image with the field within the animation script of ngui that I am refering to

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 03:35:35 AM »
Ok,

here we go, sorry for the delay. but now you have a generic solution to turn any GameObject message based system to a playmaker event.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2437.0

bye,

Jean