playMaker

Author Topic: How do I debug in Xcode[SOLVED]  (Read 3930 times)

Slater

How do I debug in Xcode[SOLVED]
« on: September 23, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
I just ran into a problem that I haven't figured out how to fix yet and I thought that a good idea would be to check the debugger in Xcode and see what happens when I press the iPad screen. The problem that I am having is that I build a fsm where I can drag around 9 shirts and place them on the character. The game is 2d. This fsm works great and I copied it into another scene where the same is used but for 9 jackets instead. I got it all up and running pretty fast and everything works great except that when I drag the jackets, some of them moves behind the other jackets in the scene. They are all positioned on the same Z depth and I had no problem with this on the 9 shirts fsm(or the socks and pants fsm either).

I thought it would maybe be possible to watch in Xcode and see what was going on, but I dont get any info at all there. It gives info when the scene is loaded, but nothing in the debugger is posted when I do stuff in the scene.

Any info on how I can see debugging in Xcode would be much appreciated and also if you have any other suggestions on what could be wrong.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:51:52 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How do I debug in Xcode
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
Hi,

It will be almost impossible to debug playmaker within xcode.

instead:

run the Unity Remote, and play your game from withint the Unity Editor On the device. this will then allow you to fully see what's going on. tho be aware that touch events are a bit funny that way, so touch, drag and release slowly so that events stream is correct.

bye,

Jean

Slater

Re: How do I debug in Xcode
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:24:22 PM »
Thank you. Tested doing like that and can see a bit more what is going on.

However I can't sort out the problem I'm having. The only difference in this fsm is that I have rotated the clothes 180 degrees in Y axis (shader is set to double sided) since I have the character rotated looking to the right instead of looking to the left. And for some reason when I drag the clothes some of them goes behind the others and infront of some. They are all in the same Z depth.

Another thing I noticed is that when I try to pick them in the scene with the cursor (instead of picking a piece of clothing in the hierarchy) it selects all the clothes. If I rotate them back to 0 I can pick one and one with the cursor. What is going on here? Probably more of a Unity question, but hope anyone have any suggestion for me.

Edit: I got it working. Not sure why, but I had to move all of the items closer to the camera (-Z) and then it worked.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 09:36:24 PM by Slater »