playMaker

Author Topic: collider actions?  (Read 1653 times)

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
collider actions?
« on: January 21, 2021, 11:46:51 PM »
Is it possible to create some collider actions?
As it stands, i can manipulate colliders on instantiated objects (in scene objects) by dragging the specific collider to the state window and select set property, but i need a prefab object to set these values and as a collider isn't a game object i can't create a global variable for a prefab to reference.
I realise this would probably require creating a whole new class/variable group but is it something you would consider?
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
Re: collider actions?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 12:25:25 AM »
I thought i might also add, the actions that would really help would be enable/disable, size/scale, position.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:31:27 AM by RAVEN001 »
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 02:08:56 AM »
one other thing i'll add, which has nothing to do with playmaker actions, is the user rating. I'm a playmaker newb? why? because i've only had to come to the forums to ask 4 advanced questions? maybe this rating should be set by the user. If you know you're a newb set it at that, if you think you've mastered the basics set it as a moderate user, if you're jean fabre, dj dino or lane, well you have every right to set your profile to god mode.

My point is, your rating should represent the level you believe yourself to be at. Not based on posts alone.
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 04:23:28 AM »
as far as the rating goes, let me give you an example.

A "hero member" wanted to know why his 2d shmup wasn't moving properly.
I asked him a few questions and it came out he was using 'get axis', 'float multiply', 'set axis'. I only had to point out 'Preferences>input manager>axes' to fix his problem.

How is he a hero member (because he's asked 1000 newb
questions), whilst i'm a "newb"?.

This isn't about my own ego, if someone admits they're a newb, in answering a question, i know i need to start with the basics, if someones moderate, you can assume they know the basics, if advanced, well take their request literally, and if jean fabre, dj dino or lane have found a user to have the same sort of knowledge and forum presence, well they may attain the god title i previously mentioned.
And hey, if you're a moderator, you can check my previous posts to confirm.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 07:04:57 AM by RAVEN001 »
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 02:27:57 AM »
I'd appreciate a yes no answer on this.

Playmaker would become more powerful by adding colliders as a clas. seriously.
BANNED

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 03:28:26 AM »
Collider derives from Object, so you can use the Object variable type.

It can be a pain to navigate the type menus, so if you use a specific Object type a lot you can add a Custom Type Definition to shortcut to it.

Right-click in the Project view and select:
Create > PlayMaker > New Custom Variable Type Definition.

Select the created asset and add a custom type like in the attached image.

You can also nest the custom type under a sub-menu using a '/' in the Name, e.g., Favorites/Collider

There are probably Collider actions on the Ecosystem:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/f/page?W1181

As for the forum rankings, they were a built-in feature in Simple Machine Forums and we customized them by adding Playmaker in front of the rank. But I haven't looked at that forum feature in a long time - I'll take a look and see if I can tweak the ranges or something. I don't think we can manually set them, except for moderators.

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 01:51:02 AM »
excellent. thanks for the reply.
But you see my point about rankings? A person could post 1000 times and not understand the same amount as a person who has posted 4 times. If the user got to select the ranking and change it through profile as they got better, it would make peoples lives easier.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 03:08:06 AM by RAVEN001 »
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 03:09:10 AM »
And there are no collider actions on the ecosystem. i have checked. which is why i asked.
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 03:12:39 AM »
AND if we're on the account topic, how about notifications? Is that something simple machines can handle? I offer help to alot of users, but i don't check the forums readily, without giving out a private email address, getting a notification of a thread update would be invaluable.
BANNED