playMaker

Author Topic: "Mouse Look" to just "Look"  (Read 5796 times)

visitor1980

• Playmaker Newbie
"Mouse Look" to just "Look"
« on: January 29, 2021, 10:14:08 AM »
"Mouse Look" to just "Look"? I'm using Gamepad Prototyper and how to set right stick variable to Mouse Look node? Is possible to be create node with user vector2 instead MouseX and Y but keeping rest attributes?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: "Mouse Look" to just "Look"
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »
Hi.
have you tried 'Look At 2d Game Object'

what i use in our game for our drone (which can be controlled with right stick)

i have a empty object with a fsm that get the drone position and set the objects position every frame.
then i have a child on the empty object.

this object i manipulate by getting x/y axis and set the position local (not world)

another way you could try is get the position of your character and also get x/y axis.
and do a float add for x and y (axis x + character X /axis y + character Y)
then use a set Vector2 XY to make a vector 2
then use Look At 2d and the vector 2 (all should be set every frame and in the same state)

another way would be getting the angle from you stick and set the rotation on the character.

visitor1980

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »
Hi.
have you tried 'Look At 2d Game Object'

what i use in our game for our drone (which can be controlled with right stick)

i have a empty object with a fsm that get the drone position and set the objects position every frame.
then i have a child on the empty object.

this object i manipulate by getting x/y axis and set the position local (not world)

another way you could try is get the position of your character and also get x/y axis.
and do a float add for x and y (axis x + character X /axis y + character Y)
then use a set Vector2 XY to make a vector 2
then use Look At 2d and the vector 2 (all should be set every frame and in the same state)

another way would be getting the angle from you stick and set the rotation on the character.

Hi, can you provide a few screenshot?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 02:08:05 PM »
Hi.
Sorry but the project is under a NDA (which means i am not allowed to share images or whatever from the project)

Try what i explained on a new scene and see what works best for you.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2021, 05:23:11 PM »
Mouse Look is pretty much just rotating a GameObject with some clamping.

You should be able to do the same thing with a vector from Get Axis Vector using Rotate and Clamp Rotation.

Having said that, an Input Look that takes axis names would be a nice shortcut... let me take a look...

visitor1980

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
Hi, can't handle that. Can someone make it from scratch and post screenshot?

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 02:14:19 AM »
I use control freak 2, what you are suggesting is very easily integrated with the asset. You can assign axes to whichever variable you like and comes with extensive playmaker actions. Seriously for the $15 it costs, i've used it in EVERY project i've made for mobile/gamepad controls. Just assign the axes to the controller joystick, use the aforementioned clamp range to clamp the axes float (both horizontal and vertical) and you'll have joystick view control in no time.
BANNED

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 02:26:20 AM »
If you have the asset i CAN show you screenshots no NDA. Before you ask i do not own the asset, it belongs to dans game tools, a very responsive dev so i'm happy to push his product.
BANNED

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2021, 01:26:27 AM »
I've attached an image that shows how to do what Mouse Look is doing using lower-level actions.

You can change the axis names to whatever you have set up in the Input Manager for the right joystick.

It assumes the camera is a child of the player model as described in this tutorial:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:34:12 AM by Alex Chouls »

visitor1980

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 10:11:15 AM »
I've attached an image that shows how to do what Mouse Look is doing using lower-level actions.

You can change the axis names to whatever you have set up in the Input Manager for the right joystick.

It assumes the camera is a child of the player model as described in this tutorial:

Hi, I'm using Gamepad Prototyper (mapping game pad buttons and axis), but I can't take the rotation itself. At this moment I have not camera rotation third person.

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 02:34:19 AM »
ultimately your asking for actions for a third party asset, contact them to see if they will create playmaker actions/extensions. or use the the asset i do. Mapping a controller is so easy. It hijacks unity's axis system and gives you a user friendly interface. I can create mouse+keyboard controls, gamepad controls and touch screen controls in a single FSM. meh. i tried. AND again, i make no money from pushing this product, only its tried and tested in over 15 mobile/pc/gamepad titles.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 04:18:11 AM by RAVEN001 »
BANNED

visitor1980

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 03:52:40 AM »
ultimately your asking for actions for a third party asset, contact them to see if they will create playmaker actions. or use the the asset i do. Mapping a controller is so easy. It hijacks unity's axis system and gives you a user friendly interface. I can create mouse+keyboard controls, gamepad controls and touch screen controls in a single FSM. meh. i tried.

This custom action is from here https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=22791.0
Playmaker has to support new input system.

RAVEN001

• Junior Playmaker
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 04:25:19 AM »
YES. a third party asset. Playmaker has no liability to make your 3rd party assets work, there are probably 50 controller assets out there, maybe 5 of them HAVE playmaker actions, and as far as i'm concerned only one of them is good. so you can keep complaining to playmaker staff as to why "gamepad prototyper" isn't working, but playmaker staff NEVER made the playmaker actions. "gamepad prototyper" devs made the playmaker actions. Seriously if you can't afford $15 for an asset I HAVE TRIED, I HAVE USED, AND WILL ALWAYS USE. Give up. Clearly the playmaker only actions you've been provided with clashed with your crappy asset. FORGET IT. IT CLEARLY DOESN'T WORK WITH PLAYMAKER! That is not playmakers fault, its your third party dev. IF you want to use a third party asset 'I' use control freak 2. EVERYTHING you're complaining about is addressed in this asset. So beat a dead horse, or move on.
BANNED

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 12:36:11 PM »
@raven001

3dr party actions/assets are not officially supported.
Still this does not mean you should reply with this kind of attitude.

@visitor1980
Playmaker Does not 'Have' to support this, but will probably support this in the future.
Have you tried the package digimon made?

To get the angle from your xy axis.
Maybe you can convert the vector 2 to a vector 3 and use 'Angle In Radians' or Get Quaternion Euler Angles.

visitor1980

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2021, 01:54:59 PM »
@raven001

3dr party actions/assets are not officially supported.
Still this does not mean you should reply with this kind of attitude.

@visitor1980
Playmaker Does not 'Have' to support this, but will probably support this in the future.
Have you tried the package digimon made?

To get the angle from your xy axis.
Maybe you can convert the vector 2 to a vector 3 and use 'Angle In Radians' or Get Quaternion Euler Angles.

No, I didn't try, but need extendet explantion for the line of the functions and order it.