playMaker

Author Topic: PUN 2 in 2d Project HELP!!!  (Read 822 times)

gregacuna

PUN 2 in 2d Project HELP!!!
« on: July 21, 2021, 05:48:25 PM »
Hi All...I've spent the last four days going through tutorial after tutorial...and still have a couple lined up for today...but I'm just not figuring out how to get Photon 2 to work with my new 2d game. Most of the videos are about syncing 3d characters and it just isn't translating for me.

Any tutorials you might recommend or does anyone have enough experience to give a short list of what I need to do to sync a 2d sprite character?

Connecting to the server and creating rooms is clear. I just don't know exactly how to setup the character. Hopefully if I figure that out I'll also understand how to send other things like displaying a card on the other person's game, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PUN 2 in 2d Project HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 03:35:16 AM »

gregacuna

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 02:43:37 PM »
Thanks @Prestonh. Will check the video today! Sure hope that's what I've been looking for.

gregacuna

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 05:56:46 PM »
Hey Prestonh...just watched that tutorial and I must say I'm more confused now than I have been during this frustrating process of trying to get Photon to work. My understanding is Photon allows a game object to sync across the view of each player in a room. So I am wondering the following:

1. What Components need to be added to the Player game object.
2. What needs to be added to the FSM to differentiate between the isMine player and the others.
3. What else needs to be done to make this work.
4. What needs to be done to instantiate the Player prefab from the Resources folder into the game.

Thanks to anyone who might know how to explain this to a non-programmer.

gregacuna

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 03:04:51 AM »
I have made some progress on this problem. Once I get the full prototype working I plan on either posting the solution here or possibly even doing a tutorial as I'm guessing others like me might find it helpful.