playMaker

Author Topic: Ease on 'Every Frame'  (Read 5358 times)

VectorF22

• Junior Playmaker
Ease on 'Every Frame'
« on: October 24, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
Hi,

Does anyone have a mod for playmaker that enables a working 'Every Frame' box for the Ease Float and Ease Vector3?

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Ease on 'Every Frame'
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:10:16 AM »
Hi,

I would recommend you look at hotween set of actions I created a whole ago, you can ease Fsm Variables in a very powerful way.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2299.0

bye,

Jean

VectorF22

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:09:40 AM »
Hi Jean, this seems like it could be great!

I'm trying to use this to recreate a smoothfollow2d system but I'm getting some unexpected results... Could you explain how you might set it up using hotween to follow the character on a 2d platformer please?

Right now I have these basic variables...

camX
camY
playerX
playerY
smoothX
smoothY

I'm making hotween ease the cam positions to the player positions and then im passing the smooth variable to the camera. (seems simple enough right?)

I've tried playing around with the other settings on the action, but like I say, I'm getting some strange results.

I literally just need the ease float action to ease on every frame and then pass that smooth variable to the camera so that it's constantly following the player.

Thanks!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Hi,

there are many ways to do that, could you describe what you are after, do you have any screenshot of how it would look?

basically, there are samples already available in PlayMaker set of official samples and also one here:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W890

Have a good look at this platform jumper, I am sure it's not too far from what you actually want.

If not, provide me with some clearer description of how it should work, and I'll see what I can come up with as a working sample.

bye,

Jean

VectorF22

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:54:58 AM »
Hi Jean, thanks for the reply!

I'm essentially trying to recreate the 'Smooth Follow 2d' script that comes with unity in the standard assets mobile) package. It literally just makes the camera smoothly follow the player along the X and Y axis.

The problem I'm having with the standard script is that it can be fairly jittery... It's even worse with 'iTween Move Update' in playmaker. I was hoping there would be another way of doing it that can do the exact same thing but just do a better job of it.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:39 AM »
Hi,

Have you tried the smooth follow action from playmaker?  it should be more compliant with itween because smoothing on later update instead of update.

bye,

Jean

VectorF22

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 06:45:04 AM »
Yeah I did try that, but it seems to work more like a smooth 'look at' action because it also changes the camera rotation. I just need the camera to stay face on and just follow on the X and Y axis.

This is why I've been trying to use an action to ease the X and Y values and pass that to the cameras position. I just cant seem to find one that does it properly... It's just funny because it comes across as such a simple problem lol. It would be so much easier if Ease Float had the ability to update on every frame.

Thanks