playMaker

Author Topic: Updating to 2021.3.9 TypeLoadException cannot edit FSMs  (Read 809 times)

diccon

• Playmaker Newbie
Updating to 2021.3.9 TypeLoadException cannot edit FSMs
« on: September 15, 2022, 03:05:40 PM »
Hello,
I have a project using Playmaker 1.90 and tried to update Unity from 2020.1.11 to 2021.3.9 and after the update whenever I try to open an FSM in the editor I get this exception:

Code: [Select]
TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000a3 from typeref (expected class 'UnityEditor.Experimental.SceneManagement.PrefabStage' in assembly 'UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null')
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.MainToolbar.DoPrefabTypeGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/MainToolbar.cs:167)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.MainToolbar.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/MainToolbar.cs:26)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:609)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow.DoGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:136)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:117)

This makes it impossible to edit the FSMs and is a blocking issue.  If I run the game it appears that the FSMs are working correctly.

I have tried these things to try and fix it:
- Reimport Playmaker folder after Unity update
- Update Playmaker to latest after Unity update
- Update Playmaker to latest in 2021 and then do Unity update.

If you can provide any help I'll be very grateful!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Updating to 2021.3.9 TypeLoadException cannot edit FSMs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 02:05:02 AM »
Hi.
If you have errors when you import PM it will not complete the install.

You can manually install by goin to the folder PlayMaker/Editor/Install
There should be a package PlayMaker 1.9.x
install that package

diccon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Updating to 2021.3.9 TypeLoadException cannot edit FSMs
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 01:57:21 PM »
Thanks! Actually I found that I had to manually delete the playmaker dlls, reimport from the package and then restart the editor in order for the APIUpdater to run.