playMaker

Author Topic: Random Audio  (Read 1893 times)

Andorix

• Playmaker Newbie
Random Audio
« on: September 16, 2022, 02:26:10 PM »
Hi,

1) Can we get a "Set Random Audio Clip" with the no repeat option, same is in "Play Random Sound"?

2) Can there be a "Play Sound" option that has a 2D spacial blend, not 3D? Right now the sound distorts when my player moves away from it, since it stays in it's original selected position / object position. I want it to be independent from position.

Basically either of these would solve my problem, I just need 2D sound with random selection with no repeat. Thanks.

Andorix

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Random Audio
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 08:07:28 AM »
bump

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 05:16:01 AM »
I want to set the option to loop in the play random audio.

drown

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 10:20:50 AM »
Hi,

Attached is an action that picks a random Audio Clip from a list of Sounds and sets it as the Audio Clip in a GameObject. It has the same weight options and no-repeat as the Play Random Sound.

It is actually a combination of those two actions I made specifically for this thread so let me know if you encounter any errors or miss some feature. I have tested it rudimentary but ofc I cannot stresstest it.

Abouit the spatial feature: I think that should be separated from this action and setup in the audio source itself. Otherwise this action loses its universal purpose.

Qbanyto

• Vista Larga, Paso corto
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 06:52:40 PM »
I have to test this. I requested this MONTHS ago. I LOVE "play random sound" but it only plays it at object location.  so if i move away, it fades out. will this play at full volume regardless if i move away after sound loads?

Qbanyto

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 12:43:27 PM »
Hi,

Attached is an action that picks a random Audio Clip from a list of Sounds and sets it as the Audio Clip in a GameObject. It has the same weight options and no-repeat as the Play Random Sound.

It is actually a combination of those two actions I made specifically for this thread so let me know if you encounter any errors or miss some feature. I have tested it rudimentary but ofc I cannot stresstest it.

Abouit the spatial feature: I think that should be separated from this action and setup in the audio source itself. Otherwise this action loses its universal purpose.

Can you add a "volume" to this ?

Qbanyto

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 06:20:50 PM »
actually nevermind, this custom action doesnt work at all for some reason.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 01:53:48 AM »
Hi.
I think the action only sets a clip to the audio source , not play the audio

Qbanyto

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 08:47:05 PM »
OH WOW YOU'RE RIGHT HAHA.

I just tested this and added "play audio source" action and it plays audio in the randomized fashion  GREAT! thanks!