playMaker

Author Topic: playmaker prefab override  (Read 5039 times)

kiriri

playmaker prefab override
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:03:58 AM »
The newer versions of unity seem to have our old lovely prefab override bug again :S. If you drag a prefab into the scene and change some exposed playmaker variables, they'll be reset on start of the game again.
I read here: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/224290/odd-bug-component-reverts-on-test-end.html
that there's a way to overcome this. ANyone knows where I would have to make these changes? Because if I change the variables within the playmaker variable tab (not in the component as exposed variabels) it works perfectly.
Same question for ArrayMaker (Jean ? :D ). The problem is that I'm selling PlayMaker here in a professional environment, and having to break prefabs every time you change them is just... relally really nasty. As for my personal reason, if I can't get this to work I would look stupid too :D

Any comments or help would be much appreciated.

,kiriri
Best,
Sven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: playmaker prefab override
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 05:38:38 AM »
Hi,

Do you mean Unity 4?

and what problems ArrayMaker gives you? arrayMaker are regular components and they obey the Unity Prefab way. Maybe there is a glitch, if so let me know if you have repro steps and I'll investigate.

Bye,

Jean

kiriri

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:45:58 AM »
The thing is, I had no probs in 3.5 . Now in 4 and 3.6 I drag in a prefab and say edit the list component on it. Then I start the game and it completely resets the list component. If I remove the prefab link it still resets the length of the list component, if not the content.

Similar things happen to the Playmaker component. As you can imagine, it's quite annoying.
Best,
Sven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:04:37 AM »
Hi,

Uhm, indeed I can repro that with ArrayMaker, I will investigate, I might have to re implement the component editor interface indeed as the serialisation system changed I can recall.

Tho, I can't repro or find any problems with actual playmaker Fsm Components. Do you have a repro case?

bye,

Jean

kiriri

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
playmaker resets the exposed variables, if changed in the inspector. Everything seems to only reset public values in the inspector. Can you repro it that way? It's hard to send a project, since it always resets already on export.
Best,
Sven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
Hi,

nop, I can't reproduce public var resets on playmaker Fsm within prefabs. Not sure what are the repro steps here. But I have a prefab, with two variables with one exposed int be inspector. I instanciate that prefab, change values, hit play and values are there.

Are you on mac or windows? Unity 3.6 or Unity 4?

bye,

Jean

kiriri

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 08:16:27 AM »
windows, 3.6 , playmaker 1.43

I'll try it in the beta now.
Best,
Sven

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
Hi,

New version of ArrayMaker available on the wiki, it fixes this prefab instance changes bug. Thanks for spotting that, I think this was actually always the case, since the beginning of ArrayMaker...

bye,

Jean