playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Separate triggers all acting as one?  (Read 430 times)

JoeGameDev

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Separate triggers all acting as one?
« on: September 28, 2022, 11:56:20 AM »
Hi everybody! Okay, so I have a scene that consists of just a small downstairs section of a house. At the top of the stairs I have a box collider and FSM that loads the upstairs “scene.” Works great, no complaints.

However, this is a sort-of top-down little demo I’m making and I need assets to load/unload. So I have another box collider at the kitchen entrance that “activates gameobject” for the kitchen sprite, deactivates the entrance box collider, and activates an exit collider that will do the opposite of all that (the effect being the kitchen assets popping into existence when the player walks into the room, and disappearing when they walk out).

Problem is when I walk into that entrance box collider, it loads the upstairs scene! The kitchenassets will flash on the screen, but then I’m in the new level and have to come back, at which point when I enter the kitchen again, I am once again sent to the other scene. So I can’t tell if all of my FSMs are firing at once or if something else is the problem. Help! What do you need from me?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 12:23:16 AM by JoeGameDev »

JoeGameDev

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Separate triggers all acting as one?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 11:07:08 PM »
Small update: I deleted the whole kitchen trigger FSMs and, on a lark, just put a box collider in the middle of the room. No FSM, just a collider and checked “Is Trigger.”

Colliding with results in the upstairs scene loading.

What.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 12:14:41 PM »
Hi.
There must be something wrong in your fsm/logic

a possibility is that if you copy/paste the object/fsm it might reference the wrong triger/object/fsm

but its hard to tell without seeing the fsm setup

JoeGameDev

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 12:21:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply! Next time I’ll upload some screenshots with my (inevitable) cry for help, but this time I managed to fix it. Honeslty I’m not even sure what did it, but I wonder if the culprit was having my player’s box collider have “is trigger” checked.