playMaker

Author Topic: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)  (Read 226764 times)

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
Re: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)
« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2013, 08:25:11 AM »
lol I am going through renaming Mohogany/DoStuff to things like CalculateNearestNode etc so it will be a bit easier for others to pick up and run with.

If you want me to retain the general management of the general git stuff for the moment I can see if I can add you as a collaborator so you should be able to push directly without forking.

If we could get the examples working it would be a great step forward or even making some new simple examples, as thats one of the first things I look at when I get a new library so I know that im using it right. Also once thats done it only takes a few moments to run the examples to know for sure we haven't broken anything with our code changes.

=== Minor Edit ===
Just added you as a collaborator so try cloning from the main project url and editing your test file and pushing it back up.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:27:30 AM by Grofit »

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2013, 04:57:22 PM »
Thanks for the commit, have been busy on another project so far this week and can see it dragging on until early next week, but will get back to this as soon as I can. You have my email so just drop me a message if you need me for anything.

LoneCipher

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »
Just wanted to say; Go Team! :D
We all appreciate your work.

DanielSnd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »
Just register to say: THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!!!

I'm quite new at unit and the only way I found to get a decent navmesh working at run time was by using A* (Random level generation ;x). And since I'm quite the newbie at programming I decided the best/easiest way for me to make Enemy AI would be using PlayMaker.

And now that I found this, thanks to you I can use both together :D THANKS!

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2013, 01:20:02 PM »
Hey,

I have updated the project in git, ignored a load of stuff which apparently is not needed and also began adding some simple examples, however I got an issue when using MoveTo and a destination point where it cannot seem to find the destination waypoint, as that method is huge thought I would try to see if you had time to take a look ;)

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #290 on: November 26, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »
Hi, it's me again.  I've build a teleporter system, but the issue where you re-init a state with the moveto action and it's already at destination issue flares up again.

At least that's what I think is happening.. the moveto stops responding to changes in the target position. I if I leave the state and then re-enter the moveto state things start working again.  Is there a possibility that the failure event could be expanded to include such a situation?

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #291 on: November 26, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »
Slight footnote, figured out was happening, when teleporting to a new unconnected island of the graph,  any unit listening to a new target object on the disconnected bit of the graph, stopped responding.   Any way around this, or i'm gonna have to turn of these units to stop them listening to targets they can't reach?

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2013, 04:47:57 AM »
You using the javascript version with installer or the github versions with the unitypackage?

Not that I can help much but I can raise a bug on the github project if there is an issue with this.

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »
Hmm i'm using the package with the python installation script.  Is there still someone developing \updating by the way.?

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2013, 03:40:44 AM »
Not exactly, I was having issues with the installer and the reason that the installer exists is to get around some issue with the astar project needing to do something before the JS can access it, so the installer moves things around which seemed to create trouble on the project I was working on, so Kiriri and I started porting the project over from Javascript to C# so you dont need the installer (although it will still be provided).

I am not sure what direction Kiriri wants to go with it but as github allows you to raise and track issues as well as let other developers fix and push changes up I am hoping that he will start to push that as the *main* version.

You can access it here:
https://github.com/grofit/playmaker-astar-actions

Should be functional as all code has been ported over but we are still ironing out some small bugs and adding more examples.

kiriri

« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2013, 08:49:07 AM »
If the newer version does not fix it (which tbh I don't think it will), please send me an example scene. Everything you send to my mail address will be seen as confidential material, I won't share any kind of info about your project with anyone else, so no worries there.
From the sound of it , it  might be a bug or it might be a bad setup. I can't judge it without an example.
Best,
Sven

muppetpuppet

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2013, 04:54:11 PM »
Hi no problem,.

I think its a variation on the previous issue, where I init the moveto when its already at its destination,  if you move the follow target object the moveto stays stuck..   I think it just needs this situation as a fail condition, or perhaps a simple, if object is not moving, and target is at distance then fail.
If that's possible.

I'm gonna try and update to the github version tommorow.. (been putting it off, as it took some manual reshuffling last time..

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #297 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:03 AM »
You make any progress on this issue MuppetPuppet?

dasbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #298 on: December 11, 2013, 03:49:39 PM »
Seems to be some incompatibilities with the latest version of AStar (3.4).

I get the following errors just from trying to import the Git Hub package into a blank new project (other than Playmaker and AStar Pro are imported already):

Assets/AStarPlaymakerActions/FsmVariables/FsmGridNode.cs(5,51): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GridNode' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/AStarPlaymakerActions/FsmVariables/FsmGridNodes.cs(5,52): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `GridNode' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/AStarPlaymakerActions/FsmVariables/FsmNode.cs(5,47): error CS0619: `Pathfinding.Node' is obsolete: `This class has been replaced with GraphNode, it may be removed in future versions'

Assets/AStarPlaymakerActions/FsmVariables/FsmNodeRunData.cs(5,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NodeRunData' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/AStarPlaymakerActions/FsmVariables/FsmNodes.cs(6,53): error CS0619: `Pathfinding.Node' is obsolete: `This class has been replaced with GraphNode, it may be removed in future versions'

And the old Python version is even worse of course.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 03:52:16 PM by dasbin »

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #299 on: December 12, 2013, 05:52:54 AM »
Hey,

If you are just cloning the repo and trying to build it then it should work (again assuming you have imported your own version of playmaker). I will take a look shortly and update if needed.

Thanks for reporting.