playMaker

Author Topic: Want to prototype and possibly finish a game on iphone with playmaker?  (Read 6576 times)

miguel

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Miguel Benitez
Hello,

Been following playmaker and wanted to purchase it and use it for iphone specific development so here are my questions.

1.  I wanted a control with your finger where you would "flick" your finger on an object and it flies off.  First you would hold the object as you press down with your finger then you would flick up or whatever direction you want the object to fly off and it would take off based on how much you go upward or any direction on your finger. 

2.  Simple physics so when stuff gets hit with this object it reacts accordingly.

3.  The object that is being thrown with your finger will react to things as needed.  Like say I am throwing a ball at some particles or an object it would shut them off or destroy them as it gets hit.

4.  Be able to create a start GUI screen, have some GUI buttons ingame doing things to.

5.  Then not be able to win the game based on specific instructions in the game and then restart the game, have a game over GUI that lets you touch
the buttons to restart quit and so forth.

Just Normal game play stuff but with touch on iphone.  So can playmaker take me from nothing to a complete game using iOS touch controls and gameplay really is my main question??  Thanks for this great tool and really want to get going using it.

-Miguel

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
HI,

1.  I wanted a control with your finger where you would "flick" your finger on an object and it flies off.  First you would hold the object as you press down with your finger then you would flick up or whatever direction you want the object to fly off and it would take off based on how much you go upward or any direction on your finger.

that is a nice topic to cover. Will build something like that in playmaker when I have time next week.

For the rest of your question. YES in bold. Playmaker provides you with a lot of small samples allowing to understand how it works and extrapolate them to build your own game.

Bye,

Jean