playMaker

Author Topic: Hero game showcase[SOLVED]  (Read 2798 times)

Gordinho

• Playmaker Newbie
Hero game showcase[SOLVED]
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:13:41 AM »
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone manage to put to work the hero game made in 24 hours, that you can find in the showcase page of playmaker?.
The maker of that 24 hours game kindly gave the source of the project but I cant make it work. I have unity 3.5 and playmaker 1.4.4(I think) and when I open the project and then import playmaker, the playmaker window doesnt appear and I cant open the sfm machines.
Does anyone manage to make it work?. It would be nice if the creators of playmaker could pick up these examples and make them work on newer versions because they look very helpful and interesting.
If someone could help with this I would appreciate.
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:43:04 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Hero game showcase
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »
Hi,

ok, I know what you need to do:

--Delete the audioPlay script that is present at the root of the Project assets. Then double check that you have no errors in the Unity console, if you do, Playmaker will not be able to initialize properly, hence why you can't launch any playmaker editor or views.

It worked for me, I could play it in Unity 3.5 with playmaker 1.4.4 ( from the asset store)

bye,

Jean

Gordinho

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:21 PM »
I tried what you said and it works :) .  Thanks for the help.
ThereĀ“s a little bug that I would like to ask if it happens on your side, on the web example of this game, when we approach a new room the character stops and you can only go forward when the voice stops giving instructions. On my side, the character doesn't stop and If I go forward I get multiple voices.
Does this happen with you?.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 02:33:57 PM »
Hi,

Yes it does too... I noticed the voice mix up, I haven't give it a second thought tho. So yes something might have broke here. Have you contacted the guy? Maybe he will make a new version available.

bye,

Jean

Gordinho

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »
One more thing,
how do I put a (solved) thingy on this post?.
Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: Hero game showcase[SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 02:43:35 PM »
Hi,

Did it. simply edit the post ( your first post) and modify the title to append [SOLVED] somehow.

bye,

Jean