playMaker

Author Topic: Play maker Array List Proxy(access from other scene)[SOLVED]  (Read 3925 times)

gamedivision

Play maker Array List Proxy(access from other scene)[SOLVED]
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
Is it possible to access this list on another scene,i have a scene set up each array list is a month, march to september with the relevant date attached to each list,instead of creating each list in each scene,i'd like to access the data and display it on another scene,i tried to just drag the array list proxy but that didnt work any ideas

thanks
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:47:34 AM by jeanfabre »

gamedivision

Re: Play maker Array List Proxy(access from other scene)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »
is it also possible to make multiple lines on the play maker array list proxy string type

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:19:49 PM »
Hi,

Yes, you can use multi line text in string fields, Unity doesn't make it very easy tho... try copy pasting from a regular text editor.

As for reference different arrays, one way is to have a Fsm attached to each one of them and call a central manager that in turn store each ArrayList GameObject in HashTable.

But given your description, I would give my xml actions a go:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2583.0

if you struggle, provide me with a small sample of your data, and I'll make it work, that would be a good example of a real case to show the power of xpath and xml, combined with playmaker.

bye,

Jean

gamedivision

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:50:52 PM »
thanks jean the copy paste from text editor works perfect

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Play maker Array List Proxy(access from other scene)[SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 01:39:45 PM »
Sorry for necroing this horribly old post, but it's the one that better mirrors my question...

Wouldn't be possible, with some modification on the Hash Table Proxy editor (?) script, to have an *actual* multiline string field for the values?

Just like when you use the [TextArea(x, y)] attribute above a string variable declaration, I mean.

Of course I don't expect the script being modified in the official PM package, just for my benefit, but it would be great if you could tell me what modification I'd need to make for Hash Tables in my setup behaving like that.

Thank you.
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1