playMaker

Author Topic: Simple Sprite  (Read 4832 times)

magarcan

• Playmaker Newbie
Simple Sprite
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »
I've been looking for a 2D solution for Unity. I've found Simple Sprite:

Simple Sprite
By Black Rain Interactive, Free

Have you ever wanted to make your own sprite based game but didn't know where to start?
Have you ever tried other packages but found them too hard to learn?
If so, then Simple Sprite is the solution for you!

You no longer have to go through the trouble of creating Sprite Sheets or making a Texture Atlas. Simply attach the script and drop in your images. Done in only two steps.

Features:
- Setup only takes a few simple steps
- No more Sprite Sheets or Texture Atlas
- Automatic billboarding
- Each object can have up to 10 animations
- Each animation can have unlimited frames
- Easy to use commands
- Animate your sprite with only two simple lines of code
- Change the animation speed at runtime
- Perfect for beginners

There are two versions one free and the other paid. Here you have the comparative between both versions:

It seems really powerful and the scripting is asy but I'd like be able to use it with PlayMaker, can anyone help me with some actions?

Here is the link to the free version: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4640

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Simple Sprite
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:16:53 AM »
Hi,

Keep bumping this thread, A lot of members are now making custom actions, so make yourself heard. Personally, I am committed already with too many framework, once it will clear up, I will happily talke this one. Pm me if you need something very urgently tho.

bye,

Jean

shinodan

• Shinozone
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »
Im using ragepixel currently and there are already actions for playmaker, animations are pretty easy to do with it also, its free.

magarcan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »
Im using ragepixel currently and there are already actions for playmaker, animations are pretty easy to do with it also, its free.
Ragepixel is more focused to PixelArt stile...

I've realised that Simple Sprite is not using Atlas, so is less efficient than other solutions... I'm testing other solution right now. I'll try to make the actions myself  ;D

magarcan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »
I have made my action and it's working property. It's a Play/Stop animation for EZSprite asset. It's based on a @jeanfabre action I found in the forum...

Now I'm testing it, when I'd have some time I'll publish it and make a new thread for it ;D

Anyway I'll try to make another for this asset, for learning and maybe could be useful to anybody.

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »
Any news on this ? I've used EZSprite, I'd really like to access it properly from PM.