playMaker

Author Topic: Player Not Moved By Moving Platform  (Read 2796 times)

Avascar

• Playmaker Newbie
Player Not Moved By Moving Platform
« on: March 16, 2013, 07:09:25 AM »
Hey there everybody. So I've been seeing some issues with the game engine itself, and it seems that there's problems with moving platforms and the player getting around them. Whenever the platform moves up, the player falls through it. And besides of all that, whenever the moving platform moves it doesn't drag the player around.

I'm currently creating a 2D platform game. Is there anything I could possibly do?

parallel

Re: Player Not Moved By Moving Platform
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:56:50 AM »
I've had difficulties too with player falling through platforms, despite having rigidbodies and extra colliders. For the player to follow and move on a moving platform I've used parenting the player to it while on it, works.

Avascar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:55 AM »
It doesn't sound very usable in gameplay. Take for instance, a mario game or Super Meat Boy

parallel

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:36:34 AM »
If each moving platform had a trigger and it's own tag, the player would then just need an FSM doing a Trigger Event and Set Parent to temporarily attach itself each time a moving platform was entered. Don't know how costly such a method would be.

Avascar

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 08:18:32 AM »
Alright thanks. Will post any problems about the method

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
Hi,

Are you sure your character is properly set up, if you use "CharacterMotor" from the standard assets, it's all there for you. there is a "Moving platform" section.

bye,

Jean