playMaker

Author Topic: Why the search on Playermaker Help forum is so slow?!  (Read 3402 times)

Aaal

• Playmaker Newbie
Why the search on Playermaker Help forum is so slow?!
« on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:48 AM »
It has been many times since this occurred for the past few days. This reminds me of Gameloft HOC game where the server keeps telling users that they are not connected to the internet where in fact Gameloft servers suck big time.

Sorry, but extremely pissed when trying to check for certain methods here.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Why the search on Playermaker Help forum is so slow?!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 07:44:34 AM »
Hi,

This is odd, it's litteraly instant when I search, and I search a lot to reference past post to new redundant questions and all, so are you sure it's not something with your ISP or dns or something? is it only the search that is slow and the rest of the forum fast?

What is your region?

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 07:52:33 AM »
I've noticed it sometimes fails to load the page on the forum. Have to reload a lot of threads to get it to finish. Happens on new posts and such as well, haven't tried it with searches. Did not do it before the forum update.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Saputo

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »
Iv never had that problem before, it always runs fine for me, and that's nuts b.c I have a Net speed of 1.5MB and I live in the Sticks, in a cheap poor town. so if anyone would get issues it would be me for sure lol,try cleaning ur guys web cookies and stuff out,or even use a different browser test things, so can get better feed back. Never know could be the forums having a hiccup, could be you guys, could be your browser could be a lot of things, need to try different things before u can say it's one thing,u should know this we make games, we know it's never just 1 thing that causes an issues.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
I've noticed it on any computer I've used to view the site, but they're all running Mozilla.

Switched to chrome a few days ago, we'll see if it still acts up.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Saputo

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »
Hmm, idk I run Zilla as well,I'll do some searching and see if anyone else has had this problem before. Try dling Ccleaner and really clean out your files registry as well. It can some times help.

Aaal

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 10:21:13 AM »
From Singapore.

Have 2 different ISPs at my end but both resulted the same "halt" when doing a search.

Searching other international websites have not encountered such a problem. Even when I'm trying to come in and reply took me sometime due to the progressing bar halting at midway.

Using Safari here, if that matters..

Oh by the way, if I just let the search continue, it will return me "database error" webpage from playmaker. Should be able to screenshot anytime.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:22:47 AM by Aaal »

Saputo

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 06:25:23 PM »
Sounds like a Firewall Problem on your Modem, Might want to call your ISP and have them run a test on your modem,if u got ti form your ISP, my old one used to bug out doing the dumbest things like searching and such, they think when the net went out it from a bad storm it surged the line and broke the modem,so had to get a new one and haven't had a problem yet,but the surge made the modem act weird and the firewall would just block shit and choke the line and kill the speed of the net, so it could be but who knows, just trying to help yea out. It could not be this at all.