playMaker

Author Topic: tutorials needed for buttons and pop up menu?  (Read 3857 times)

ryanavent

• Playmaker Newbie
tutorials needed for buttons and pop up menu?
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:15:02 AM »
ok iv been burnt once before, I purchased a thing called uscript that was meant to be easy unfortunately there is no info or lessons what so ever so I want to make sure that you can do this or that there are lessons for this before I buy playmaker.

this is what I am trying to do I have the joystick already so ignore that, I want two buttons that do different things.

A - to fire a missile (im sure there are loads for this so this one isn't that important)

B - is the player is inside a trigger of an object with a tag (tag1) then when the player clicks "B" to open a pop up on the screen (stats screen) that will display info about the object, pushing the button again will close the menu, it will also do this if player is inside a trigger of an object with a tag (tag2, tag3, tag4...ect) all these will have different stat screens

how would I go about using playmaker to do this bearing in mind im using an iphone so these are touch controls, would be nice if could also use keyboard for testing.

any help please.......

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: tutorials needed for buttons and pop up menu?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 08:35:26 PM »
I also bought uscript and after trying to use it, figured it would be easier to learn to code ... then I bought Playmaker based on the youtube videos and it has been one of the best calls I've made. Playmaker is so much more user friendly.
Without telling you how to make the setup above, all I can say is yes it doable.
Basically when the player is in the trigger(with a tag) you can send an event to the button telling it what it can do.

I am yet to find something Playmaker cant do.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:42:17 PM by LampRabbit »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: tutorials needed for buttons and pop up menu?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 03:22:09 AM »
Hi,

for the joystick itself, I made a package to do just that:

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=230.msg5664#msg5664

and for the buttons, you simply use the following action:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W679

bye,

Jean