playMaker

Author Topic: "Touch object event" needs Layer Mask  (Read 3605 times)

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
"Touch object event" needs Layer Mask
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:57:56 AM »
Hello again,
im back with another addition to an existing action  :)

I would need a Layer mask option for the "Touch Object Event" Action. Simillar to the option we have in "Mouse Pick Event". I already compared the two actions but it seems even if they both use raycast there are different approaches (Mouse uses ActionHelpers while Touch dont).

The Background why i need this: I have overlapping trigger and collider where some are touchable and some ar not. The overlapping prevents me in some cases to reach the touchable trigger. secondly it seem to eating up a lot of cpu. so even if i can reach the touchable trigger it is very laggy until im out of the overlap.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: "Touch object event" needs Layer Mask
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:50:25 AM »
Hi,

Uhm, good point. Please find attached a new version that filter the raycast to just that gameObject layer, so even if you have mesh in the way, it will trigger.

I guess the right thing would be to make it as an option to "ignore other layers". that do you think?

bye,

Jean

doppelmonster

• Grinder Games
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:58 AM »
Hi Jean, thanks.
In the meantime i explored that you can use "Mouse Pick events"  instead of Touch Events. They work at least on my Android (google nexus s, htc desire) without a problem.

Besides the Layermask option (which is solved now) the Mouse Pick event has the advantage of a "Mouse off" Event (great for 3d GUI).

Before i was very fixated on the "device" actions but now i look in the "input" actions too, to check if there is something fitting my needs....

parallel

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 09:49:48 PM »
What am I missing? I can't see the layer mask in the action